About to be a new owner ???'s

GoCanes1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
About to be a new owner ???\'s

I am hopefully wrapping up a transaction that will make me a Viper owner by the end of the week. It is a stock 98 Silver with Blue Stripes GTS with 30k miles. I feel like the miles are a little higher than I would prefer but I am hopefully getting it at a great price (wholesale) from a dealer friend of mine if he gets the car. I am soooo excited but I have a few questions.

1. What would be a good price on the car in a private sale purchase situation?

2. Definitely want to do something with the exhaust first. How do you "get away" with removing the cats which I think is what I would want along with a Borla cat back? I live in Dallas and they have inspections yearly.

Anything else I should look out for? I will get a carfax and Dodge maintenance check as soon as I get the VIN.

Thanks,
Mike

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: About to be a new owner ???\'s

You dealer should be in that car for less than $40,000.

p.s. That is one of my three favorite color combos. blue/wht, yellow/blk, silver/blue

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Congrats! You can out high flow metal substrate cats & it will still be legal or you can put straight pipes & only put cats in at inspection time.

Andy

TOP GUN

Enthusiast
Reaction score

With any car I buy, I always do a thorough pre-purchase inspection at the dealership plus a compression test on all cylinders. In addition, I take it to the body shop and heave them look at it from top to bottom for any indications of painting, accidents, body damage, etc. They usually look at the rubber mouldings for paint signs and at the fraim rails. Don't become too comfortable that it's your friend who's the dealer, I am always weary of wholesale vehicles and he may innocently not know that something is wrong with it when he sells it to you. I always wonder why a vehicle is being wholesaled if it's so good. Why isn't the seller selling it himself???? The reason may be legit and I don't mean to scare you, but my point is get it checked out before you buy just in case you need to sell later on. Also take your time to get it thoroughly checked out and don't let anyone rush you into buying unless you feel 100% comfortable, trust your gutt feeling. Always buy cautiously and sell reluctantly is the motto I go by. Be professionally skeptical because it's your money on the line here and all the dealer wants to do is sell. Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

VIPERCANE

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Are you a Cane fan.........I see your sig as GoCanes.....
If you are, welcome aboard. This is a great board to get assistance from. There are some very knowledgeable folks here and will go out of their way to be of help. You are
gonna love your Viper. Good luck in getting it.

Bindy

MStrakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Congrats, you are getting a beautiful car. I would consider 44,000 to 46,000 a good deal. Hope you like it!

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Welcome to the VCA Forum!
IF your state sniffs, get RT hi-flow cats.

Join the VCA it's less than 28 CENTS a day!

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Welcome aboard...... you know that I already like you because we have good taste when it comes to viper colors(silver/blue). Good Luck!

KWIK96

Viper Owner
Reaction score

A Viper is a Viper, no matter what year, what mileage.
You will get more joy from this car than any other you have owned.
That's the beauty of a Viper. Every drive is like Christmas morning, there is nothing to replace it.
I am still smiling and enjoying every drive

:usa: :laugh:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960