ABS Trouble

Carleton

Viper Owner
Reaction score
HI
Bought a 2002 RT a few months ago. 7500 miles. Still under warranty. The ABS light started coming on. Dodge dealer said the was front sensor was faulty. They replace it and still it was coming on. Now they say the ABS module has to be replaced.

Has anyone had problems like this ? Is this a common problem with 01-02s. Bad new is that the part is on back order. 1-2 weeks without the viper.

Thanks for any info.

Carleton

OP
OP
C

Carleton

Viper Owner
Reaction score
NO,
Dodge advised me not to use the car like this. It will be sitting at the Dealership till the part comes in.

Carleton

O2ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What you have to check is the right front abs wire is rubbing on the frame rail and it tucked between the engine oil cooler lines (they are steel braded and very abrasive) and the frame under the hood.just follow thew wire. look in there and you will see they are exposed ,due to the rubbing.. tape them up replace the fuse and disconnect the battery for 10mins .........
problem fixed..
:2tu: if you cannot find it call me 917-418-3517 ...... :2tu:

OP
OP
C

Carleton

Viper Owner
Reaction score
O2ACR

Thanks for the info. I am going to pass this on to the dealership. The right front sensor has already been replaced so I would think they would have spotted that problem if it was there.

Carleton

O2ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your problem is under the hood , not in the wheel well. you will not see it when you change the sensor .. you have to look under the hood ...

OP
OP
C

Carleton

Viper Owner
Reaction score
O2ACR

Thank you once again. I just passed your info on to the tech at Dodge. He say that he already checked for that and that the problem is deffinately the ABS module.

Carleton

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had the ABS module replaced on my 02, don't let them take the hood and front fascia off to replace it. You can get it out by removing the drivers side headlight and from under the car.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I stopped after driving for about an hour, got back in the car and both the ABS light and the Park Brake light came on and stayed on. The car only had about 4000 miles on it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang