ABS Warning Light - Need Help

04 Black GA Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ABS light came on today. I just finished preparing my 04 Viper for Viper Days Sebring track event next week. I installed stainless steel brake lines front & back, Motul brake fluid, new Brakeman 3 pads, and e-brake relocation bracket (new tires & track wheels will arrive next month). Drove car 30 min last night no problem. Today, ABS light came on. Tried restarting car several times, checked all the brake lines, disconnected battery to clear computer, checked the fuses. Light still on. Any help in trouble-shooting or fixing this problem would be greatly appreciated. I guess I'll take it to dealer Mon., but would like to avoid the misery and suffering of dealing with them if possible. Thanks.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed the ebrake kit and new wheels/tires (18 inch rears) and am experiencing the same thing. Mine has tripped the ABS light 3 times to date each time for the right rear sensor.

I checked the connection and wiring and all was well. I also drove around for 10 miles with the DRB attached monitoring the sensor and all seems well. But every 50 or 60 miles it trips the light. Still troubleshooting this one. If anyone has an idea for this one or the one above please pass it on.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it possible there is still a little air inteh lines from the swap? Could you do another bleeding of the brake system?

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to think you have a problem or a touch of dirt in the connector at the wheel. I would tru taking it off and spraying the connectors with CRC 6-66 taht you can buy at a marine store. It is the best but 5-56 will do in a pinch. When you put the connector back together make sure it is locked into place. It is worth a try but what do i know.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang