ACK!! They just jumped right out in front of me!! (pics)

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was just horrible. I put the top down on the SRT today and decided to take it for a little cruise. When all of a sudden...
You must be registered for see images

I quickly tried to go in reverse, TOO LATE!

I jumped out of the car, ran to get help, and then they were in the car.

The horror, the horror! So I flagged down a passing motorist, who just happened to be a GT2. No sooner had he stopped, when they attacked him too!

Well, I have only one thing to say: YOU CAN KEEP YOUR YELLOW. :D

Oh, and for those of you who were hoping to see some exciting deer action, I shot this picture just for you on the way home!

My most sincere thanks to Jerry for giving the club the invite to this fun photo shoot. My camera wasn't set quite right so the pictures didn't turn out quite as good as I had hoped. There is always tomorrow! Hope you enjoyed this 1/10th as much as I did...

Chris

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Chris, Chris, Chris,

If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times!

Keep the bikini repellent in the car at all times!

(and you were worried about the few "factory installed" scratches that came with the car?) :smirk:

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Chris, NOW I understand! This was actually a tech session?

I noticed some more interesting technical points:

Correct method of closing an SRT-10 Hood:

Correct method of closing an SRT-10 Trunk Lid:

Correct method of closing a GTS Clamshell hood:

Correct method of avoiding scuff marks when exiting the vehicle:

* Tech Session Disclaimer: These technical descriptions are suggested for use on Chris' SRT-10 ONLY, please do not try this at home!

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to seriously consider leaving work early and driving to Belton tonight!!!! Do you suppose that silver attracts the same phenomena? Dave

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
(and you were worried about the few "factory installed" scratches that came with the car?)

What was kinda funny was when they very politely asked if they could lay across the car, it took me approximately one nanosecond to approve. Why? BECAUSE of those dang factory scratches! I haven't been able to get them out yet (more a matter of time than ability) so I thought, "Heck, if I have to get it buffed anyway..." That and it was very difficult to say no to these young ladies when they were just so darn polite. :D

And YES, a tech session! When I told my wife earlier in the week I neglected to mention that is what it was. Dang it. Maybe I would get to sleep on the bigger couch if I had told her that... ;)

Chris

PS. To Craig: I do like that shot with the deer myself. Assuming you weren't kidding (commenting only on the deer shot? Hmmm...), I would be happy to post a larger version of any of these (or the other 156 shots I took yesterday). And Dave - you better try to get up here, I don't think my old heart can take all that pressure of being the only SRT-10!

qburge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: ACK!! They just jumped right out in front of me!! (pics)

C'mon Craig we know you like distractions, otherwise I'm pulling
your "Future Viper Owner Card"! We may have to send you a one way
ticket to Missouri to let those distractions defrost you.

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
WOW!

For the love of humanity! I have got to get down to Overland Kansas this spring and drive through YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD WITH MY TOP DOWN.

Tell us Chris; is this typical of the local "wildlife" species in your part of the country? Besides the Viper, did you have any bait put out... say, like a sign that said " Free Bud Lite for beautiful women"? I definitely need to try something other than the Salt Lick in the yard that only seems to attract DEER. Please give us advice!

Really, your daughter is a model and those are her friends, right? I'm guessing they stopped by for you after doing some modeling for the local sportswear shop. That is my personal theory.

Please fess up Chris! Inquireing minds need to know the secret.

Thanks,

Jim

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

C'mon Craig we know you like distractions, otherwise I'm pulling
your "Future Viper Owner Card"! We may have to send you a one way
ticket to Missouri to let those distractions defrost you.

I guess I can live with em :laugh:

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave, Drive on up!

Chris you had better be there today, we have nine NEW girls showing up for todays KC Viper Club meeting!

My car is still in Nebraska, but I will roll up in Tom's RT10 :)

Jerry

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Poor Chris. Never has any fun with his car. And, I KNOW you are holding out on us........ so PLEASE email me a link to the REST of the pictures from this terrible attack on your car. I would like to review all the evidence possible. :p

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got back from our "Viper Meeting". Chris was not there!!! I have tons of new pics. WOW......

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Well, the wife beat me to a pulp over yesterday's excursion and I got a cold shoulder all day. Sigh... Sorry I couldn't make it today, but I was already pushing my luck. Believe me, I watched that clock tick the seconds away and it was killing me. Now to go grab some sleep. On the BIG couch this time! :crazy:

Chris

PS. Heard there was a black SRT there anyway, so send me THOSE pictures so I can pretend I was there. I will even post some of the tasteful ones... :D

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least I know why my vision was blurry today - handprints on the windshield!

Gee, I can't imagine why the wife would be mad. Sigh...

One for Craig:

And Craig, here is a larger format of the other picture you liked. I shot it much bigger, but figured this would do for now.

Over and out,

Chris

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was hoping for yellow in 04 but man O' man. The black is fine!!

Thanks for the pics. My wife walked into my office while I was looking at them and now I am accused of being a pervert!! :laugh:

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Chris,

You should have taken a good look at the sign in the background of your last pic..... to remind you what can happen when going to these "tech sessions"!

SRTRICK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I don't know how I could wonder about THIS considering the pictures posted above, but - does the drivers side headlight fit the same way as the passenger side? Or is it just the perspective that makes it appear different?
Sorry, Rick

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I don't know how I could wonder about THIS considering the pictures posted above, but - does the drivers side headlight fit the same way as the passenger side? Or is it just the perspective that makes it appear different?

Good eyes! Actually, I noticed that on delivery and was told that was not a big deal. To me, the driver's side is not "flush" with the lines of the car, although they appear to be aimed perfectly. I suppose I could have somebody else check it out as well. Personally, whoever was inspecting the lights when my car when down the line blew it: Besides the headlight, I also had a reverse light full of water. I was sent a replacement for the reverse light but haven't had time to swap them out (no tools and a pain in the butt). I will probably do that and the headlight at the same time. Sigh...

Chris

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dang it man! Post the link to the rest of the pictures!!!! I must see more! God bless America. God bless the Viper Girls!

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I shot 160megs worth of Pics yesterday! One of the new girls is NICE.

Chris, would you like to do the honors and upload a few more pics?

Wait!!! I am a GTS owner, not SRT...I am going back over to the proper forum to support my guys :)

KurtZ RT-10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on jerry show everyone some pictures of the girl you where driving around,

Im going to get the pictures I took on film developed tomorrow.

kenvw

Viper Owner
Reaction score

wonder if anyone else notice on the first set of pics. the smile on the viper in the GT2 photo.