ACR A/C Delete,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Remedy,,$$

svensk

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How much would it cost to install a compleate(Compressor condensor electronics ETC) A/C system on an 02 ACR that didn't have it?

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably not a desirable factory combo if you live in New Mexico.

I'd bet you could get most from wrecks and that it wouldn't be too hard to install. Vipers are pretty easy to work on.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah. I vote DON'T DO IT!!!

'02: Only 8 ACR's were built without A/C and Stereo Comfort Group.

Yeah, with good reason. Who would seriously want no air or stereo in a car they are buying today? Those are a MINUS, not a plus low production or not.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No - the car is rare - it was ordered without A/C - that MAY make it more desirable later on as it was one of the few ordered as a "race car". Nothing is gonna change that it didn't come with AC from the factory. However, adding it (and being able to REMOVE it) shouldn't be a detractor, as you can remove it without messing anything up.

Call Jon B about getting the complete system out of a wreck.

Silver Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No - the car is rare - it was ordered without A/C - that MAY make it more desirable later on as it was one of the few ordered as a "race car". Nothing is gonna change that it didn't come with AC from the factory. However, adding it (and being able to REMOVE it) shouldn't be a detractor, as you can remove it without messing anything up.

Call Jon B about getting the complete system out of a wreck.

Ahh. That's true, but what a rare car.

Mark

Jeff-00-ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know what it would cost. My ACR has AC but right now the compressor is out so it's sitting in the garage. It's pretty much undrivable in the Texas heat without AC.

I'll probably wait and fix it next spring since cooler weather is on it's way...

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The real question is, do you know of this car? or are you just asking a hypothetical question? I looked for quite some time when I bought mine, but no luck in finding a real AC/RADIO delete car.

46hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sent you a PM about this as well. The AC can be added back in without too much issue. There is no "kit" like they have for the gen I's but it seems alot of people pulled their AC's for the weight savings and it should not be too hard to find the parts for a decent price if you scour ebay and the classifieds etc. Of course you can just buy all the parts new but I think that may prove a pretty expensive proposition. The good news is all of the brackets etc are all in place so no need for too much there. I spoke to Chuck Tator about this just a few weeks ago. He thought the hardest part may be sourcing all of the nuts and bolts to put the whole thing together :) .

I have a no comfort ACR and it was very hard to find, dont know if most went to the track or where they are?. If you know about the car I would love to get some info on it so I can add it to a database I have been keeping on ACR's.