ACR paint option question

A_C_R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys I wanted a black stripe on my order but the dealer told me that the wing had to be painted (that option was a must then selecting the 5k stripes). Is this true? I kind of wanted bare carbon fiber, unless y'all think painted is better

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys I wanted a black stripe on my order but the dealer told me that the wing had to be painted (that option was a must then selecting the 5k stripes). Is this true? I kind of wanted bare carbon fiber, unless y'all think painted is better
Bare carbon fiber would be really cool. Find out how many have been done bare. If there have been a lot, go the other route.

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think they are going to open up an option to have it not painted as a option soon. bill have you heard anything yet?

fremontcdjr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a few pics of one on our showroom with black and red stripe. Red stripe is painted on wing but carbon fiber is exposed, black stripe runs underneath and is not on wing. I can email them to you if you like to large to upload here, or check ad I placed in classifieds.

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if there have been any built with the matte paint option yet? I bet they are gorgeous

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Have not heard anything about unpainted , as the painted stripe, painted on the wing, is something part of the ACR design theme. Questionable look , depending on color, of painting a stripe on a carbon look wing , with stripes, and a problem with color distinction --- example think of an orange ACR with black stripes, with a carbon fiber look wing, with black stripes. Sorry , but this is the reason it is not being done, just doesn't work in many applications.

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have not heard anything about unpainted , as the painted stripe, painted on the wing, is something part of the ACR design theme. Questionable look , depending on color, of painting a stripe on a carbon look wing , with stripes, and a problem with color distinction --- example think of an orange ACR with black stripes, with a carbon fiber look wing, with black stripes. Sorry , but this is the reason it is not being done, just doesn't work in many applications.
Here's my thing with restrictions. I understand that the over all look is important but shouldn't the customer decide what's important to them? Shouldn't their taste
Trump the masses taste if they are ordering and paying for said one of one car?

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The dual stripe design on the wing is supposed to be one of the items to designate an ACR, and it needs to be painted. Understand your concern , but the rationale is if it is part of a designated package it needs to be uniform. The other criteria is a one of one does not mean they can do everything , yet many are trying to turn it into that. There are some set parameters for each model and since the Snake currently has the most extensive option list of any vehicle in the FCA line-up , there has to be a point where not every single item we think up can be accomplished.

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dual stripe design on the wing is supposed to be one of the items to designate an ACR, and it needs to be painted. Understand your concern , but the rationale is if it is part of a designated package it needs to be uniform. The other criteria is a one of one does not mean they can do everything , yet many are trying to turn it into that. There are some set parameters for each model and since the Snake currently has the most extensive option list of any vehicle in the FCA line-up , there has to be a point where not every single item we think up can be accomplished.[/QUOTE

I get it. I certainly understand the parameters that they are trying to stay in. It's really great what influence they are letting customers have on design. Should be interesting

Last edited: