ACR right for everyday...............

D.K.

Viper Owner
Reaction score
driving? In having read most of the threads from several yrs ago back to the present day a few of you have indicated that you sold your ACR versions and went back to non-ACR versions. Was the ride too harsh on a daily basis? What other reasons were there for you to sell your ACR's and return to non ACR Vipers? :usa:

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an ACR and I can tell you that with the special ACR shocks that it has got the ride is MUCH better. Actually you can adjust the ride hight and the softness of the shocks.

In our club a lot of people complain about the comfort of their Viper. I am likely the only one that never complained. I have adjusted my shocks to the softest position and it ride like a "cadilac".

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an ACR not even sure what settings its on,I am scared to adjust it because it is very neutral . I love the ride and would never go back to a non ACR.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper itself is tough to drive everyday. I think the best everyday driver is an SRT. Clutch is not too hard and response is a bit better than the GEN II's. Just my opinion though. Only MAJOR problem really is the fact that it attracts attention everywhere you go and you tend to worry about it when parked, no matter what generation it is.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Viper itself is tough to drive everyday.
Well, it depends highly on your circumstances, I would contend. I drive mine to work every day and for most any trip that doesn't require me to have more than one passenger or carry lots of cargo; that is, unless its raining, and thats only due to washing it - I care a lot less if my Durango looks grungy. :cool:

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You babies... ;)

I have driven my Gen 1 through hurricanes in Orlando, to the tops of mountains in Hawaii, the deserts of California. 58,000 miles of daily driven fun!

Hell us Gen 1 guys barely have windows.

I would think an ACR would ride like a Caddy to me!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte