ACR VS GTS?

Jerry Horton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the $10,000 really worth it? How does the ACR drive around town as compared to the GTS? Also, how many miles is the break-in period? I was thinking about buying a Viper somewhere else and driving it home so that it would be broken in with highway miles by the time I got home. Any thoughts?

OP
OP
J

Jerry Horton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also, approximately how much would aftermarket parts be to match the ACR package, in case I get the GTS, and want to upgrade?

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The recommended break-in period on the 00's and 01's is 1000 miles. During the break-in period you are advised to vary the RPM's and avoid sustained driving at a steady RPM. This makes picking a car up out of town and driving back 800-1000 miles of interstate or expressway driving not such a good idea. Maybe if you took back roads and had to do a lot of speed variation you could get away with it, but that makes the trip awfully longer.

Of course, there are lots of opinions out there in Viperdom as to whether that long a break-in period is absolutely necessary. But since Herb Helbig was the author of that short article in Viper magazine, I figured that was authority enough for me. I followed the break-in procedure religiously.

John ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Jerry,
Try a search of the archives.
You will find lots of posts regarding GTS Vs. ACR.
I believe the 10K is worth it, but everyone has there own opinion. As far as the ride the ACR is very nice around town.
The shocks are adjustable.
Good luck with your choice.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06Quad