ACR Wanna-be Upgrades

EXHLR8N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Gang - I upgraded my 2003 SRT with a Wing, Guerney Flap, Front Splitter, Canards, Side Splitters and dashboard in carbon fiber.

What do you think?

Splitter_Wing_Canards_and_Side_Rockers.jpg

Dashboard.jpg

Rear_Wing.jpg

Wing_and_Gurney.JPG

IMG_06831.jpg

IMG_0680.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bruce, work came out very good. Kobe has a similiar set up and says it works. Are you going to be at Spring Mountain? Mike

v10viperbox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only been a owner for a while but that's a lot of downforce. The suspension on these things street wise seems pretty soft. Do you end up with problems at speed. Tire rollover hitting the stops that sort of thing. I can see the other prepped cars in the picture so I can assume you are not running a stock setup.

JacksViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great brother, I got my wing from Tony too, they do great work on the CF. Mine is on an '03 as well, the next step is the splitter and canards. In fact, he had sent me a photo of your car to show how the wing looks on a 'vert. Don't know about you, but I've received both positive and negative comments on it. It's either loved or hated. Either way, I love it and it stays...

steponz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the splitter without the yellow personally... That wing is huge....

I would get some blacked out wheels... hehe

ssnaked

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks nice. Make sure you make appropriate modifications to your suspension. The downforce from that wing can drive your wheel wells down on your tires. I have seen guys rub out their wheel wheels at Viperdays with the same set up. It can also be dangerous.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hey Bruce,

I know you have KW shocks all around. Do you know your spring rates?

You many want to increase them a bit due to the aero.

We can talk about that at Spring Mountain.

Dan

OP
OP
E

EXHLR8N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Art - definate downforce. I came in second in the 150 mph class at the May Silver State Classic, running over 160 for over 20 minutes. The car was incredibly stable.

I have it set in a "neutral" setting and still get downforce. There are many settings.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ugly IMHO....

Wing looks to big from that angle...Got more pics of it...The yellow on the front canard is just off...

I think a stock one would look nicer...

But Im sure that car has some crazy DF

OP
OP
E

EXHLR8N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As Dan (Viper X) mentioned, I have KW shocks and am running the stock wheels with PS -2's.

I ran in the 150 class at the Silver State Classic last May and had no problems .... ran at 160+ for over 20 minutes.

I run the wing in a "neutral" setting (set up from APR), which has plenty of downforce. I have not tried any of the other holes.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Mike - I will be. The track is great and should be fun. Do you want to caravan?[/quote]

Bruce, definately, Lance and a few other folks are leaving early and I'd need to leave about 10am to catch them. I was thinking more like 11 am (I know you and I can probably catch them!). Let me know if 11am depart from here is good for you.

FYI, my viper should have the full ACR aero finished by early next week.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Bruce, I don't want to hear any, "mine's bigger than yours"! Looking forward to the Spring Mountain event.

carprep.JPG

1HOTV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great Bruce. Like all the engine upgrades also. Thanks for running with us
last weekend in Ojai. Are you going to Willow Springs Oct. 30-31?

Glenn...............

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Austin,
Great picture !
When did you come out for Cars & Coffee?

Thanks, but Im not the photog of the pic. I frequent a BMW site and they had pics from the C & C. I noticed it was the SRT in this thread, so I figured Id post it.

I wish I lived close so I could go to C & C!:drive: