ACR WHEELS

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a set of ACR wheels coming this Friday (Thanks Bob) What does anyone use for wax ? I have got to change out the factory brake pads if for no other reason than I will never be able to keep the ACR's clean. I will also have a nice set of aluminum five spokes for sale from a 2001 with nearly new pilot sports.

larry s

Viper Owner
Reaction score
are the wheels from your 2001 viper stock wheels?
is there any curb rash?
what is your price

thanks
larry s

OP
OP
G

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes they are the stock wheels two of the wheels have a slight mark on the lip,not road rash, looks to be when tires were changed out . I'm picky and checked into repair before I decided on the ACR's,was told that they could be fixed but the guy didn't understand why I would as it wasn't very noticeable.Can't see from five feet or so.Car they are coming off has 10,000 pampered miles.Pm me if you are interested and I will come up with a price for wheels/tires,pictures etc.

triblk6spd

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Any good quality synthetic wax applied liberaly should do the trick. I find that washing the wheels EVERY wash and hitting them with a quick wax product keeps them near perfect all the time.

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like to use Klasse All-In-One on wheels including my BBS ACR Wheels. It's an acrylic based product and hold up well. It also has some cleaners in it to help remove the brake dust. I have read that the heat from the brakes will cause wax to melt off the wheels and won't hold up.

OP
OP
G

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 5 coats of Zaino Z2 and a coat of their sealant all put on before wheels were mounted,150 miles later very little dust on wheels,what was there came off easily.Good advice.