ACR Wing Endplates

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How hard is it to remove the endplates from a ACR wing.? I remember reading something on the site that said it could be a bear and if you strip out the screws you would have to buy a new wing.?? Has anyone taken them off and if so did you run into any problems..? Kevin

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought about swapping the end plates out, but it seems like a waste of time and money. The benefits of the new wing are a combo of the endplates and the wing planform, so just swapping out the endplates won't gain much. To get the real benefits, you'd really need to swap out the whole assembly. If you try it out and strip the threads, it's going to turn into an expensive mod that doesn't do much (if anything) for performance. For the price, I think tearing into the tranny and swapping the 5th and 6th gear ratios is a better investment.

So, does this mean you ditched the idea of getting that Murci? I hope you came to your senses :)

OP
OP
ASPIRATIONS

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Martin,
I dont want to swap out the endplates,I want to paint them and my mirrors...The Murci I want is still for sale but I so far only 1 person(whos deal fell through on his car) and a bunch of dreamers have contacted me about buying my ACR and I wont go lower than 95K...I have a bunch of things I would like to do to this ACR(Giken,3.55s,Headers,Exhaust,Wheels/Tires, IF I dont sell it soon....So far I have the MGW Sort shifter and the Mamba interior,lol...Looks great with the graphite!! Kevin

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Martin,
a bunch of dreamers have contacted me about buying my ACR and I wont go lower than 95K...

Well seeing as a person can get a new 09 ACR with financing from Tomball/BJ Motor's for the same price....:hmmm:

OP
OP
ASPIRATIONS

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well seeing as a person can get a new 09 ACR with financing from Tomball/BJ Motor's for the same price....:hmmm:

Lets get one thing straight shooter..Tomball is not selling any ACRs that stickered for 110,100.00 for 95K and if they are thats their loss...Now if you want to buy one of their ****** ACRs(white with single red stripe) Iam sure you can get it for that...I CANT compete with financing as Iam not a bank or a dealer. I can only offer a lower bill of sale.. Remember DODGE inatiated the financing so they can sell a product no one will pay sticker for thus killing the value on all Vipers..Tomball is not doing it out of the goodness of their heart,lol ....They have to do something with the #!$%load of Vipers they have and are not moving..:rolleyes: The fact that they have to sell at invoice and below and throw in financing might tell you the fate of the Viper and Chrysler in general..:dunno:It does make it nice for someone interested...As said before you should always do your homework and look for the best deal,if my car isnt it so be it....Kevin

OP
OP
ASPIRATIONS

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least one person agrees with me,thanks Dan..:D

Bought the little tamper-proof allen key and took the endplates off in 2 minutes!!!! I dont know what everyone was crying about..:dunno: I wouldnt advise takeing them on and off once a week lol but I dont plan to....I took a few pics so everyone can see how the screws/bolts mount in the wing...Kevin

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not taking them off that's so risky, not much risk you are going to strip the threads coming out, it's putting them back on. If you strip the threads you are buying a new wing. And that is a direct quote from the Prefix guys. Put them back in VERY carefully and DON'T use a screw gun. :omg:

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a re=install I would consider to use at least a dab of blue locktite & get factory torque spec to ensure ( won't fly off @ 175 mph ).

Good question for next Q/A SRT Engineers.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4