ACR-X wheel sizes don't make sense???

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe some of you in the "know" can help me understand this (Mark). The specs on the ACR-X say the rears are a 13 x 19, but because it is a parking brake delete build, so you can slap an 18" on the rear. An 18" tire on the rear would give you a better performance "slip angle" as well as many more tire choices, so why go 19"????

Also, any word on the tire selection on the ACR-X? Are they leaning toward a Hoosier R3S06 Dot tire or a slick?

sonofadragracer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm, Could be a typo. Don't know Ron, seems everybody thinks a tall wheel is the best these days...NOT! :D

j-rho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They use stock size wheels because that's what they have lying around, but clearly kept 18" compatibility in mind. Doesn't seem to matter much what tires are OEM, as people will have to change them out for their race series.

OP
OP
S

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They use stock size wheels because that's what they have lying around, but clearly kept 18" compatibility in mind. Doesn't seem to matter much what tires are OEM, as people will have to change them out for their race series.

I thought the whole idea of a Spec Series is to have identical cars :dunno:

Reaction score
I thought the whole idea of a Spec Series is to have identical cars :dunno:

YES the series will be a spec tire series undoubtedly, I think you are right about the Hoosier and not a slick. Jason is right about having current wheels available. It would cost a fortune for them to re tool an 18X13 at this point.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
smaller tire means less unsprung masses (normally) - 18" is better than 19".
17" is better than 18". But 18" size rims and rubber are easier to find.

OP
OP
S

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score