Adding a/c to a '94 RT/10?

NONO5.0

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm really close to purchasing a nice looking '94 RT/10 however, it doesn't have any a/c. I read that you can add it and that there used to be a kit but its been discontinued? Can anyone share any info on this or how I could go about adding ac to it and roughly the cost? I REALLY like this '94 I'm lookin at but I HAVE to have a/c here in Mobile, AL. :D

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call Chuck Tator at 914 763 3136. He has done many with the kit and I believe some without having the kit. He might set you out on the parts search because I think it'll take a while.

OP
OP
N

NONO5.0

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:cool: I'm not really familiar with Vipers; do ya know what parts are needed to complete the conversion?

Thanks!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
1992-1994 Dodge offered Dealer-Installed retro-fit kits. The Dodge kits were sold out /discontinued in 1998. PartsRack bought [and sold] all the remaining Dodge kits when they were discontinued. [It was our largest $$ purchase at that point.] The ONLY things you can do now are:

1) BUY A CAR WITH AC.....there are some NICE 94-95 with factory AC.

2) plan to buy a 50% new+ 50%dismantled organ-donor parts complete for about $3000 plus labor

OP
OP
N

NONO5.0

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I called Chuck, and like Jon was sayin, even the parts are hard to find now. This was a REALLY good price for this RT/10, (only $24k) but considerin I'd have to add the a/c and also do the head gaskets, its probably better to look with one that already has a/c :( Really ***** though b/c it was close to me (located in New Orleans) Ohh well, If anyone knows of one for sale around $25k I'd be interested in it. Head gaskets aren't that big of a deal as I could do the work on those. Not gonna tackle adding a/c though.:D

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck installed my factory a/c in my '94 last year after scrounging up all the parts/. Total cost for parts and installation: 5K!!

worth every penny to me
-Craig

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Do you guys really use the a/c in a roadster? I had the top and windows in once, other than that open top and sun. You guys must be closing them up and driving around. Mine had it and I never used it.:dunno:

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ha. Decadence is top off driving in the broiling sun and turning the AC on anyway. There is that lower vent that is very helpfully aimed...

Nice color.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you send me Pictures & part Numbers i will look through my basement. I did have the AC removed from my 95...

OP
OP
N

NONO5.0

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you guys really use the a/c in a roadster? I had the top and windows in once, other than that open top and sun. You guys must be closing them up and driving around. Mine had it and I never used it.:dunno:

I currently own a 01 Corvette coupe and I take the top out ALL the time! However, I need the top/windows and a/c in case I get caught in the rain. Unfortunately, Mobile is the rainest city in the US and the afternoon showers can sneak up on you quick. One minute your drivin along and its nice and sunny...then out of no where, pouring rain! (SOMETIMES even with the sun out!) :crazy2:

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I currently own a 01 Corvette coupe and I take the top out ALL the time! However, I need the top/windows and a/c in case I get caught in the rain. Unfortunately, Mobile is the rainest city in the US and the afternoon showers can sneak up on you quick. One minute your drivin along and its nice and sunny...then out of no where, pouring rain! (SOMETIMES even with the sun out!) :crazy2:

Hopefully you have a lot of bridges to hide under. It takes several minutes to get that top assembled and on the car. The windows aren't that bad, but if you're in a hurry those metal tabs that go in the door look like paint scrapers. You may want to think about a Gen II just to get the roll up windows.

PittsburghRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep looking and you will find what you want. I made it a point to only look at cars with a/c and eventually found what I was looking for.