Adjusting Corsa exhaust

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Had the Corsa exhaust installed today. 4 hour round trip, only just realized passanger side is out about 1/8 inch.Tried calling the tech but he was gone for the day. I know this is getting picky, can i just remove the drivers side sill and shimm it out. The exhuast was tack welded. I know he did not use any shimms on the exhaust, thats my reasoning for bumping out the drivers side. Sorry for the long explanation.

OP
OP
W

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You can put washers behind the rubber block in the rear to space the exhaust tips out. Very easy to do.
So i can get to this without grinding the weld off. If thats the case, it bothers me that much i might attempt this tonight.

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep the rear of your exhaust(the tip area) mount is 2 bolts going through a big thick rubber block. You can just loosen the 2 rear bolts and slide a few big washers behind the rubber block then tighten bolts back up and bam your good. 1/4" seems like alot of diff from one side to the other. You wont ever get 1/4" of spacing with the oem bolts but you can easily take one of the bolts to lowes or Home Depot and get a 1/4" longer bolt to get the tip out where you want them.

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh yeah make sure you measure where your tip sits because when you loosen the rear bolts the rear of the exhaust will be free to slide up and down so you will want to make sure you get the tip height back where you want it before putting your exhaust covers back on.

OP
OP
W

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Turned out perfect. With some measurements from a Viper brother, i made brackets to wrap the bolts. Much more contact area then washers, and i only had to remove the back wheel. I originally looked for open ended washers, but nobody had them, and i mean noboby.

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad it worked out for you. I always use bumper shims available at any body shop supply company. They are twice as thick as washers and are u shaped so you can easily slide as many as u need to behind the block and they will slide right around each bolt like an open washer. Guess I should have told ya this earlier lol

OP
OP
W

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Glad it worked out for you. I always use bumper shims available at any body shop supply company. They are twice as thick as washers and are u shaped so you can easily slide as many as u need to behind the block and they will slide right around each bolt like an open washer. Guess I should have told ya this earlier lol
Ya that would of been nice. lol. But i appreciate all the help. The Corsa is soooo much better then stock. Completely different car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang