Adjusting door

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Need to adjust my door a touch. Any help would be appreciated. About a good 1/4 inch off.
Thanks

OP
OP
W

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Door sags just a touch and does not line up with rear quarter. Bottom needs to come up. Do I remove the panel nextto the door to to the hinge bolts

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Door sags just a touch and does not line up with rear quarter. Bottom needs to come up. Do I remove the panel nextto the door to to the hinge bolts

Yes. If you search there are many methods but the short and sweet one is to remove that panel in front of the door. open your door slightly and place a folded towel between the door and the side sill. Loosen the hinge bolts and move the door higher on the towel then tighten. Will take a little bit but not too bad.

OP
OP
W

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yep, might give it a try. I would think raising the bottom wil throw the top off.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i adjusted mine where the door was not matching to the rear quarter by adjusting the door latch on the rocker part, this put it perfect in line and open and closes better than ever- that should be all you need to do.

OP
OP
W

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The latch with on the jam. I was thinking of this first. I did not thinkit would move vertically. So it will move up a touch.....

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it will move up, down, in and out- loosen the hex bolts enough to make it a little hard to move, keep tweaking till you get it perfect- this is all you need to do.

OP
OP
W

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Worked perfectly. Plenty of play in the latch. You would think that would be done right at the frigging factory.

OP
OP
W

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I was about to screw with the hinge

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
both my doors where fugged up like yours, down and not matching to the quarter- my 08 was perfect, my 09 i had to adjust about every panel on the car- they never finalized it due to the bankrupt i think

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it will move up, down, in and out- loosen the hex bolts enough to make it a little hard to move, keep tweaking till you get it perfect- this is all you need to do.
I would have guessed this was the easiest way as well, as I have noticed my door is a little low at the quarter till it hits the striker. At which point it lines up perfectly.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96