Advice for modifying my Gen I

cinciviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I just registered today but I have been reading the boards for the last month or so. I have a 1993 RT/10 Viper, number 808, and I am the original owner. I have not driven the car much and had planned on just keeping it original and low miles (just turned 12k). However, lately, I have gotten the urge to go the modification route. I once had a 88 Mustang GT that ran 10.60's in the 1/4, and I suddenly find myself craving the acceleration again.
After familiarizing myself from reading the boards here and on Viper Alley, I was trying to decide between a TT or a Roe SC. However, when I contacted Heffner about the TT, I was told they do not make them for Gen I cars. So, basically my questions are...Are there TTs for Gen I? How does the Gen I limit me as far as what I can do?
My thoughts were...if I can not go the TT route, to go with heads, rockers, headers, 3" exhaust with cat delete, smooth tubes, roe SC 10lb pulley, water/****.
Any advice on an installer/tuner within about a 6 hour drive from Cincinnati? Or any advice from someone with a Gen I that has gone the SC or TT route?
As a side note, I really like what I have seen on this site. I plan on becoming more active and making it to some events.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Welcome.

The miles on your motor might matter....if you have the original head gaskets they MUST be replaced with most of the mods you plan.

Please call Tu-Fri for an at-length discussion of some options

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately there are not a lot of tuners for Gen I's out there. If Heffner did Gen I's and I was in the market he would be at the top of the list.
I know Doug Levin has done some very powerful Gen I's with the Paxton kits and he is a heck of a nice guy, with some very reliable cars.

Also, Lauri (Redenuff93) has a 93 with the Roe Super Charger on it. I have driven this car and it is very fast. With the Roe blower it makes instant power at any RPM. I would guess his car is around 560 to 580 RWHP with stock motor and Belanger headers. I think a Gen I with Roe Blower, good heads and headers could be close to the 600 RWHP mark and maybe a little more.

Probably bang for the buck and quick easy installation I would go with a Roe and a good set of heads / headers. You could do this for around $11 or $12K. Meaning heads, headers and the Roe Blower. This would be the route I would like to go and get rid of the N2O.

Good luck with what ever you do and keep us posted.
Ed

obaa996

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan Cragin sells a "bolt-on" Paxton kit for Gen1's. I don't think it was a completely simple bolt-on, as there were some brackets and other things that needed modification, but it was very nice looking when finally installed. I know PartsRack carries this kit.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan has a TT Gen 1....
It is bushing beyond 600HP.

Mine is a Roe Blower 8lbs pulley + NX.

IEATVETS had a nice Paxton set yp.

David Polen has a BIG TT set up coming...

I left my 1963 Vette stock and did not have much fun with it.
I promised to go nuts with my Viper AND HAVE FUN! I think I succeeded!

Easiest way to do it is ROE blower. Go for it!!! :2tu:

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the money I would go the paxton route. Da1cop here on the board just had a paxton installed and so far has made 741 rwhp with no nos/or water ****. Regardless of what you do those head gaskets have to be changed.

Da1cop

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the money I would go the paxton route. Da1cop here on the board just had a paxton installed and so far has made 741 rwhp with no nos/or water ****. Regardless of what you do those head gaskets have to be changed.

I found this out the hard way....My 96 may be different though. The motor is a gen II with some gen I stuff on it. This is what I was told. The 96 motor is 415hp.

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I found this out the hard way....My 96 may be different though. The motor is a gen II with some gen I stuff on it. This is what I was told. The 96 motor is 415hp.

I have Gen 1 Jeff Morrey Stage 3 heads for your motor. I also have T & D roller rockers all from a 96 RT/10. You will get an extra 100 n/a HP from this set up. PM me if interested. :cool:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a set of custom(port&polished w/2.02&1.60 valves) Gen I heads flowing great numbers. PM me if interested. Never been bolted on since done and still in the plastic.

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
probably the cheapest way to get good #'s is heads, cam, exhasut and a wet shot. It will cost less than $5K and you will be well over 600 Hp and around 800 ft lbs of torque

OP
OP
C

cinciviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your advice. I am going to get the funds and research done this winter and look to have the modification done before spring. Thanks again everyone for your input.