AEM EMS - ECU "Update" but not a recall

Big E

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AEM EMS - ECU \"Update\" but not a recall

For those of you that may be running a AEM: There is post on their website to give a "free" update.
Click on this link; AEM
They say it's just a "update (to) our procedure for grounding the ecu". You need to have your serial number of your AEM handy before you call them about sending it back. Phone them @ 310-484-2322. I left a message and they called me back in a couple hours.

Venom 1000TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: AEM EMS - ECU \"Update\" but not a recall

Sent mine out a week ago. Just make sure you have a copy of your map saved so you can load it back in when you get the AEM returned. They said yours will get erased on this update! They pay for shipping on the return.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

And they return ship it however it was shipped to them. If you overnight it to them, they overnight back.

The issue is two internal board grounds, and per the AEM website it _is_ a recall.

JD

OP
OP
Big E

Big E

Enthusiast
Reaction score

per the AEM website it _is_ a recall.
Actually, per my link above, it states "While we are not recalling the Viper EMS , we are however offering a free update for any customers that wish to send their box in." This was posted by their admin, Casey Heerman.
But anyway, I really think it should be a recall.

ASKYOURWIFE

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thinks for the info..If i just got mine a few days ago in the mail from them do i still need to send it in????

OP
OP
Big E

Big E

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I would go ahead and ask AEM to see if it was updated but let them know you just bought it. I'd think they could tell you just by your serial number if its been fixed. Let me know what you find out. Good luck!

ASKYOURWIFE

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just got off the phone with them...

while were on the topic of the AEM...Whats it worth rwhp wise on a stock gen 2 from real world users...

Wife surprised me with it a few days ago for my Bday, but Ive gotta wait 6 weeks for the guy to fly over and install it for me...

So Im really curious of what this thing can do.

OP
OP
Big E

Big E

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So do you have to send it back? Or can the guy that's flying out fix it?

I did not baseline my car & have yet to take it to a dyno. I really need to take it to the dyno just to fine tune it and get some numbers. I heard that you get the most bang for the buck with the heavily modded cars. I was going to use the Mopar Performance PCM but decided the AEM would be better for future upgrades.

I'd like to hear some real word numbers too!

That's a great bday present from the wife. Enjoy!

ASKYOURWIFE

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well when i talked to them on the phone and explained how i just got it two days ago, they told me to give them the serial number and they would see if mine was already alterted or not...

So waiting for them to call me..But from when i talked to them I could tell there customer service is top notch..

As far as real world goes my buddy has it on his 97 GTS...

he has AEM... roller rockers and shorty headers as well as exhast and a 8/10 pound row blower and hundred shot of juice..

On pump gas and 8 pounds of boost he made 540 SAE...

on 10 pounds and 101 fuel I beleave he made 590 SAE....

Then with the 100 shot he put down 720 rwhp and 900 tourque SAE...

So i guess those numbers are real enough LOL...Imagine that with some nice blower heads!!!!!!!!!

But he's got a TT set up in the works shooting for 1000 on pump gas..LOL..And the AEM is fully capable of supporting that set up..So I hear

OP
OP
Big E

Big E

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thats nice! Hope he has his crank pinned. The Roe setup is my next move. I only have the K&Ns, smooth tubes, Mopar Performance 1.7 rockers, underdrive crank pully, early coated Edelbrock headers, no cats (replaced by Magnaflow mufflers), Fidanza flywheel & MP exhaust. Oh yea, the AEM too. Next is the Quaife rear end that is setting next to the car.

When the car was stock it ran a best 1/4 mile of 12.30 @ 117.89mph with my friends asking me why I was "granny shifting?". My answer was, "I can't afford a new trans!"

Keep me posted on what you car gets with the AEM.

ASKYOURWIFE

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If you ran a 12.3 at 117.9 granny shifting dead stock..

You should be around 11.8 at 122 shifting lightly with your mods now...Pretty sweet, and i hope to have those 1.7 rockers before i get the AEM tuned in a month or two...

Shooting for 460 rwhp with..

-KandN's
-Smooth tubes
-No cats
-1.7 RR's
-AEM tune

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte