AFCO Coil Overs

fe4snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone used or have tried the AFCO adjustable coil overs on a Viper. I was this last weekend at the Rolex Gran Am of Miami and saw a Ford GT with twin turbos that had a set of AFCO coil overs with the seperate reservoir on it. I went to the website and saw the same coil overs there for about under $500 for each. :confused:

OP
OP
F

fe4snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well here is an update on the AFCO monotube coil overs. I spoke to Steve from AFCO and he said that they do make the coilovers for the front but not for the rears. He said they had problems with fitting the factory forks to the monutube body. Too bad, for they are a great shock at a fair price with great service. See link for the MI monutube shock below.

AFCO: M1 Shocks

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well here is an update on the AFCO monotube coil overs. I spoke to Steve from AFCO and he said that they do make the coilovers for the front but not for the rears. He said they had problems with fitting the factory forks to the monutube body. Too bad, for they are a great shock at a fair price with great service. See link for the MI monutube shock below.

AFCO: M1 Shocks

I'm looking into these as well. The bottom perch has to be rethreaded for the AFCO shock to fit (any good machine shop). Snake oil Products sells the kits for about 2500- 3000 (with springs) depending on the generation. The sad part is they don't use the remote adjustable version and from the photos they don't even look adjustable. Snakeoil sells a rethreaded perch for $799. I don't know if that is for 1 or 2 but should be for 10 for $799. AFCO's non adjustable sell for $166 each. Single adjustable go for $209 and double adjustable go for $299.

I have a blown front shock on my Gen 3 and was searching for (affordable)alternatives. I already have good springs and am wanting a good shock. Adjustable would be an added plus. Any shop with a strut machine can change out the shocks.

Let me know what else you find out.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the springs and spring hat hardware. I modded my Gen 1 shocks for coilovers (threaded sleeve, AFCO springs, spring hats) and they're fine after... 10 years?