After a session road racing my door....

cash84

Viper Owner
Reaction score
....not that easy to open. After doing some hard turns at Mid-Ohio, when I come into the pits to park, my car must twist. Usually, I open the door it would pop out on it's own. In order for me to get out I have to open and push it out fast!!

If I let it settle for a while, its fine. Does it bother me? not really. But concern that there may be something wrong with my car. It's an 06 Coupe. It happened last Nov at Mid-Ohio with stock PS2 and this last weekend ran V700. I ran at autobahn in IL, it didn't do it. I wonder if camber changes at Mid-Ohio does this.

Now my question is, what causes this? What could I do to fix this if possible? Thanks

Jeff

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
....not that easy to open. After doing some hard turns at Mid-Ohio, when I come into the pits to park, my car must twist. Usually, I open the door it would pop out on it's own. In order for me to get out I have to open and push it out fast!!

If I let it settle for a while, its fine. Does it bother me? not really. But concern that there may be something wrong with my car. It's an 06 Coupe. It happened last Nov at Mid-Ohio with stock PS2 and this last weekend ran V700. I ran at autobahn in IL, it didn't do it. I wonder if camber changes at Mid-Ohio does this.

Now my question is, what causes this? What could I do to fix this if possible? Thanks

Jeff

I find it very hard to believe it's caused by chassis flex. Viper frames are very stiff. I'd try jacking the car up at each jacking point and see if you can duplicate the problem.

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There is not much to the frame and they do flex. Just look at your gaps before and after you jack up one side. I don't know what to say about it moving from track use?

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 06 does the same thing sometimes. Not always after tracking it either. Had the door lock mechanism changed once and that helped a little but it still does it. Don't know why. :dunno:

G

Gotvenom 08

[QUOTE cash84...not that easy to open. After doing some hard turns at Mid-Ohio, when I come into the pits to park, my car must twist. Usually, I open the door it would pop out on it's own. In order for me to get out I have to open and push it out fast!!

Now my question is, what causes this? What could I do to fix this if possible?

Maybe it's just that you are a weakling?:D

May I suggest lifting weights,and buying a different color viper!...:rolaugh:

Just trying to help!

Timbo

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
he can handle it, he's just a big baby.

that's wild Jeff, my door doesn't do that, but then again I was driving faster than you so maybe that's it.

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never heard that issue before unless you hit things....

Did you check underneath to see if you sucked up a slow car? :lmao:

Oh, and here I was expecting something like "Yellow cars produce so much torque that they twist the chassis".....Robert...I'm dissapointed in you. :(

that's wild Jeff, my door doesn't do that, but then again I was driving faster than you so maybe that's it.

:omg: Burn! :firedev:

OP
OP
C

cash84

Viper Owner
Reaction score
[QUOTE cash84...not that easy to open. After doing some hard turns at Mid-Ohio, when I come into the pits to park, my car must twist. Usually, I open the door it would pop out on it's own. In order for me to get out I have to open and push it out fast!!

Now my question is, what causes this? What could I do to fix this if possible?

Maybe it's just that you are a weakling?:D

May I suggest lifting weights,and buying a different color viper!...:rolaugh:

Just trying to help!

Timbo
Timbo, you're just jealous that yours can't do it because yellow creates sooo much power :D and purple are for girls even your old lady was wearing purple the other day :lmao:

he can handle it, he's just a big baby.

Ahh Leslie, I think thats the other way around. I was one car behind and you saw me and pulled in the pits just because you didn't wanted to be passed by the big bad bumblebee :lmao:

Anyway, last night I checked the door and I opened and closed very slow and I can feel that it is rubbing on the latch on the driver side but passenger side is fine. Should I readjust it? I can jack it on the lift points this weekend to see what it does. I actually had the frame checked last year and was fine but I could have it looked over very closely again.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ahh Leslie, I think thats the other way around. I was one car behind and you saw me and pulled in the pits just because you didn't wanted to be passed by the big bad bumblebee :lmao:

yeh...RIIIIIIGHT....I pitted out so I could re-enter and squish that little BEE you drive.:lmao:

ok, I didn't mention to you that my vette did the same thing on the driver door...paint came off the inside in a perfect line all around the outer edge..it was like the car was flexing from being on the track.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte