After about 10 Yrs away, Nothing's Changed.

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Recently purchased another Viper after being a member of the VCA about 10 yrs. ago, I find there seems to be little interest in getting together for events or just crusing together still. After having two late model Corvettes they usually have at least 20 to 50 cars ready to do some events. Some may knock Corvettes, but at least they know how to have fun with their vehicles. Is it because Viper owners need to feel special with their's being the only one at an event ? Or is it most Owners belong to the Other Club ? There needs to be ONE Club with all owners working together to survive as a stronger group. Just my opinion.

BlackWidow

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Most of the social stuff occurs on our 17,500 + member Facebook page. Years ago we realized that a social media platform was better suited for get togethers.

BlackWidow

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
That’s a difficult thing to resolve as the individual has the power and they determine what happens.

Dju

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Recently purchased another Viper after being a member of the VCA about 10 yrs. ago, I find there seems to be little interest in getting together for events or just crusing together still. After having two late model Corvettes they usually have at least 20 to 50 cars ready to do some events. Some may knock Corvettes, but at least they know how to have fun with their vehicles. Is it because Viper owners need to feel special with their's being the only one at an event ? Or is it most Owners belong to the Other Club ? There needs to be ONE Club with all owners working together to survive as a stronger group. Just my opinion.
Have you joined the local club? We have been improving the local scene. But to make it the best we can we need people to join mid south region. We have a event planned January 15th. We have a what’s ap chat for members also. Here is event info. Feel free to reach out. We are always looking for néw things to do and ideas from members. Hope to see i
You for the event.

Attachments

• CE3D47A2-17EB-437D-8DA2-FB1D1BB83510.jpeg
    CE3D47A2-17EB-437D-8DA2-FB1D1BB83510.jpeg
    159.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Dean '01 GTS

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I don't know of any other Vipers in my small town. I know of a LOT of corvette's. My local chapter seems pretty active and seems to do some pretty cool stuff, but I'm a long way from them, and it's to much to get away for an event that is a few hours long, and 6 hours away. I think much of it is the number of corvettes vs Vipers.

OP
OP
L

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Have you joined the local club? We have been improving the local scene. But to make it the best we can we need people to join mid south region. We have a event planned January 15th. We have a what’s ap chat for members also. Here is event info. Feel free to reach out. We are always looking for néw things to do and ideas from members. Hope to see i
You for the event.

Last edited:

haneifk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
instead of throwing all viper owners under the bus for not wanting to meet up, ever stopped to think maybe it's easier to meet other corvette owners because they make as many corvettes in one year as vipers in their entire run?
1999 Corvette Production Numbers: 33,270
1992-2016 Viper Total Production Number: 31,850

OP
OP
L

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
instead of throwing all viper owners under the bus for not wanting to meet up, ever stopped to think maybe it's easier to meet other corvette owners because they make as many corvettes in one year as vipers in their entire run?
1999 Corvette Production Numbers: 33,270
1992-2016 Viper Total Production Number: 31,850
Well, not meaning to throw anyone under a bus, I used that (Corvettes) as an example of what another car club can accomplish. And In my opinion, should be easy for the many Viper owners there are. Granted, many are very busy with Jobs & Family, but the Viper is such a stand - Out, unique vehicle. Well, I for one, drive mine every chance I Get.

mcjaxon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To build on Haneifk's point regarding production, from 1992-2017 over 500,000 Corvettes were made. So for every Viper there are 15+ Corvettes. That's a heck of a lot more owners to set up cruises! :)

versus...

https://vette-vues.com/total-corvette-production-numbers-model-years/

Last edited:

Stray Cat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Corvette's are cool cars. Like you, I have been away for a long long time. Had two Vipers in the early 2000's. I will say right up front , if you want a FUN group and want to meet lots of fun people (mostly Mopar people - I would classify myself as a Pontiac guy) buy a Prowler. I am serious. Best events , we just did one in West Virginia that was spectacular (I hear the Viper Club did one there as well) I had a Prowler 2002- to 2013. Had to sell it. 5 kids. Private school. Just bought another in May. And just bought a Copperhead this past month. I am living a dream, again.

The Mopar events I did attend, with the Viper folks, were amazing. The Viper owners were some of the nicest people I have met, invited me to their dinners, the races, etc. Even when I showed up in a Prowler. Maybe had something to do with CAP. Who knows. Viper owners were SUPER nice people. BUT I am sure there are Viper only events out there, like was mentioned, maybe look at the Facebook page? I am not, and will never be on Facebook. But if you want an experience with car events, and to experience a car, the people who enjoy it, buy a Prowler. www.prowleronline.com. Or maybe an SSR... haha , that is another long story.

I am just so happy to have another Viper...... seriously living a dream. Good luck ! Maybe see you at the Mopar Nationals, or Carlisle next year!

John

OP
OP
L

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear all is well. I almost bought a Prowler. Like them a lot. After having many types of vehicles, I had to come back to a Viper. Getting up in age, so this will proabily be my last Driver. I also do not care for Facebook. Too many nutjobs. Will continue going to all our local Car Shows & Cruise Nites. Hopefully I can get more Local Viper owners too attend.

Be Safe :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper