aftermarket seats GEN 1?

mralbuquerque

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My seats in my 95 are beginning to look a little crusty. What brand of seats can I put in my Viper?

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
TexasPettey replaced his driver's seat with some brand of race seat. If he doesn't reply tomorrow I'll send him a PM and ask him to post.

I've also seen a post where a guy put Gen. III seats into his car.

What are you going for? Something that looks stock-ish and are comfortable, or a race-inspired look and something a little more purpose-built?

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
4356July_Snake_Hydes_002.jpg

4356July_Snake_Hydes_016.jpg

OP
OP
M

mralbuquerque

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm considering aftermarket seats primarily due to the price of re-skinning the stock seat. 99 R/T 10, those are beautiful and i'm sure their expensive. Jasontiff, i'm looking for something nice and fairly comfortable without spending a mint.

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TexasPettey replaced his driver's seat with some brand of race seat. If he doesn't reply tomorrow I'll send him a PM and ask him to post.

I've also seen a post where a guy put Gen. III seats into his car.

What are you going for? Something that looks stock-ish and are comfortable, or a race-inspired look and something a little more purpose-built?

What about how you did your RT seats Jason? Those are Nice!

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What about how you did your RT seats Jason? Those are Nice!

I redid my stock gray interior in black. I bought Gen. 1.5 seat skins from Jon B for about $450 and he bought back my old gray skins too (don't remember the price). I had an interior shop put the skins on because it proved to be too hard for a novice. A normal paint shop can do the dash and plastic pieces, then vinyl paint from Pep Boys can polish off the other gray pieces. I think my total cost for doing the WHOLE interior black was around $500. I can post pics if you want.

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A few more pics I found on my FTP site of Snake Hydes interiors:

You must be registered for see images

vipzilla

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I Dont Think Snakehydes Is In Buisness Any More (his Name Was Chad That Owned It ) I Beleive Its No Longer In Buisness

TexasPettey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an Ultrashield racing seat for my driver's side, but I swap it out for stock when I'm not going to the track. I would not suggest using it for daily driving. While it looks OK, it's not as nice as leather and not nearly as comfortable.

Ivory

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The seats are a non brand name seat. Check E-Bay you can find quite a few which fit. The brackets to mount the seats were custom fabricated.

DJ'sviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like Jasontiff, the darker red ones.I notice it different as the interior also has a logo on it. Is this just the lighting or are they darker? Thanks for sharing.

triblk6spd

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A few more pics I found on my FTP site of Snake Hydes interiors:

.....best looking gen I interior ever. :2tu:

Mad Max 93 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking into starting up Snakehydes again. If there is enough interest (orders), I will do it. probably start out slow at first though, just to make sure it's done right. :2tu:

I'm taking out my entire interior next week. I would love to put the new seats in instead of the old ones again.

tim bob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i love that interior. i like the dash painted black. i would have my seats done if not priced to crazy.