Air Bag Light

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My air bag light came on and stays on. I pulled codes and didn't find any.

Any suggestions where to start looking?
Thanks

whts-nxt?

Viper Owner
Reaction score
sometimes the clockspring goes out and it will not show a code most of the time. Usually you have to check the resistance. you would have to look up and see what the resistance values are supposed to be. IF they measure out of range then you know you have a problem with it.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ive had the same light for months now..But mine is the red light

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sal, cant go wrong with Chuck. Just a great guy to deal with. And really knows his stuff.:2tu:

OP
OP
B

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sal, cant go wrong with Chuck. Just a great guy to deal with. And really knows his stuff.:2tu:

Trust me I know. Already sent him a PM.

Liked your bulb replacement thread. Just time consuming as you found out. Wonder what the dealer would charge to change a dash bulb. Glad you went for it and learned more about your car.:D

OP
OP
B

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Found the problem. It was the passenger seatbelt monitor was unplugged under the seat. Those of you with lights on may check those first before proceeding or taking it to the dealer.

dragon rider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the same problem. Just started yesterday. I slid both seats forward to vacuum behind them for the first time in three years of ownership. I'll let you know if it fixed my problem as well.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
NONE of you guys mentioned the YEAR of Your Viper..... we can ASSume you all have Gen 4s?

"THE YEAR MATTERS"

V

Venomiss

Found the problem. It was the passenger seatbelt monitor was unplugged under the seat. Those of you with lights on may check those first before proceeding or taking it to the dealer.

That saved $$$ for those that had this problem. Thank you for posting it.

OP
OP
B

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the same issue on my 08, guess I'll have to check all the connections under my seats!

Definately do so before spending $$$ at the dealer. It should be the only wire going into the seat and has a white connector. Slide the seat forward and you should see it or at least feel it under there. Let us know.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, I checked the connections under both seats, they seemed tight, and airbag light is still on (although it goes off briefly when the car is started). I guess it's my clockspring after all.

Would unplugging and re-plugging the connectors work, I wonder? Figures out of all the guys here who were disconnected, I would be the one where it wouldn't work.

OP
OP
B

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I checked the connections under both seats, they seemed tight, and airbag light is still on (although it goes off briefly when the car is started). I guess it's my clockspring after all.

Would unplugging and re-plugging the connectors work, I wonder? Figures out of all the guys here who were disconnected, I would be the one where it wouldn't work.

Is it throwing a code? You could try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and see if it reappears. besides that I have no useful suggestions.

Keep us posted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang