Air Intake, Exhaust , Suspension

WEDACE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just got my 2006 viper what upgrades do you guys recommend?

FLYNLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends. If you are used to high horsepower applications, without the assist of traction control and other types of electronic band-aids, then I would sugges the paxton supercharger. However, if you are looking for the minor modifications, and if money is no object, I would look into getting a set of headers, exhaust, gears, intake, and a nice suspension. A slammed viper looks 20 X better than a stock sitting viper.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Short gears and a Quaife differential and leave the rest of it stock. Buy sticky rear tires as soon as someone comes out with them in 19".

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless you are doing heads and cam, I would leave the exhaust alone.
Get a Paxton kit if you want more power. Get a Quaife,sticky tires, rollbar, accusump and oil pan upgrade if you are taking it to the track.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Driving school. Best mod for any new viper owner.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well stated.

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I like driving schools too and have attended a bunch now. I have learned something at every one and continue to get better. I still have a long way to go but continue to realize how bad I was when I started each time I go and see how bad most first timers are. I also think that driving schools should be mandatory for all new Viper owners. But the importance can be overstated in certain situations.

For example, I'll have my wife drive my 950 rwhp SRT-10 and take any of you stock guys on in a street race and she'll embarrass you and your "driving school" big time.

Unfortunately, driving schools don't make your car any faster when we are sitting next to each other at a stop light grinning and then mashing the throttle.

And yes, some of us still do that from time to time.....

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe not Viper X, but I will give her a run as you only have me by 2 or 3 hundred RWHP. Damn, maybe she could. Damn.

myfirstviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey Dan, you forgot to tell these guys that your wife has been to driving school and i'm sure you taught her well,since you're no rookie behind the wheel when it comes to street racing.

if these guys were racing your wife, they would probably be straring at her blonde hair for so long they would miss the light turn green.

hey, i got my dlm coupe back and it halls ass. like you told me in vegas..no disapointments with the super charger.
i am waiting to take some pics before i post the details.

hope all is well with you and the family.maybe one day i'll catch up to you or the wife. but for now you both got me beat.

just so you guys know Dan(viper x) is one heck of a nice guy and his wife dont hurt the eyes either. both great people to know in the viper community.

to the original poster.. spend the money, find a great tuner and go with the super charger,suspension, and down size to an 18 inch rim so you can get some toyo ra1's and it will hook and run like a bat out of hell. you might not catch viper x or some of the other big viper dogs, but you will roll up and smoke anything else in your path.

i will post my car with pics in another thread. but doug levin turned my stock pretty fast 06 coupe in to one badd ass mother.

i really got on it tonight for the first time. 0-160 and back down pretty damn quick. my passenger didnt even have time to say holy [******] until it was over and i told him we hit 160.( closed course ofcourse ;)

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have many styles of exhaust systems, air intakes, shifter, and many other parts and accessories available. You can see these on our web site at http://www.members.aol.com/AtroRacingTeam/PRODUCTS/AtRoRacingsProductCatalog. I have two customers that you can contact and talk to them about the sound and quality of our systems. Both of them and their installers said our system was the best sounding exhaust system they have ever heard on a viper to date. Don Hancock my be reached at [email protected], 972-265-1850 and Rich Desrosiers can be reached at [email protected], 508-717-2698. Please fell free to call them. Also anyone who is in our area is welcome to drive our house viper as we believe that driving is believing before plunking down your hard earned money. Robbie

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For example, I'll have my wife drive my 950 rwhp SRT-10 and take any of you stock guys on in a street race and she'll embarrass you and your "driving school" big time.

Unfortunately, driving schools don't make your car any faster when we are sitting next to each other at a stop light grinning and then mashing the throttle.

And yes, some of us still do that from time to time.....

Viper X, it's nice to hear honesty now and then. Very refreshing and so true. My wife won't get near the Viper anymore :( , ever since I got bit she's done with it. Too bad, however she still loves my other rides :cool:
Larry

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
viperX I totally agree with you. My wife loves to drive our house car and I have her try out every new design and modification that we put in the car. It is wonderfull to get a woman's response to these things. She sees and feels things that men miss.

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just in case your looking I have some goodies for sale

brand new motons clubsports with springs

vec 2

hand made exhaust system (catless)

when I did the tt the vec 2 and exhaust were removed

vd..

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just spoke with Don Hancock and he would prefer that people do not contact him by phone but email him with your phone number and he will call you back when he has some free time to talk with you.
Thanks,
Robbie

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21