AL/TN Region April Event info

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Friday eve Hotel:
Holiday Inn Downtown Huntsville
Rate is $79/night. Use group code SVC.
1-800-465-4329 or you can go to Holiday Inn HUNTSVILLE Hotels | HUNTSVILLE DOWNTOWN | Welcome
We'll need to leave hotel Friday evening at 4:00pm to go to Arena. They've made special arrangements for our cars to be on display inside the arena and we HAVE to be there, loaded in by 4:30!!

Sat Hotel:
Comfort Inn, Leeds, AL
Rate is $90/night Use group code AL/TN Vipers
Phone: (205) 640-6600 Fax: (205) 640-6600 Leeds, Alabama hotel close to Talladega Superspeedway - Comfort Inn and Suites 35094, AL435

Barber Motorsports Park : Contact Us

Sorry it's taken a little longer to coordinate this info. Itinerary will be sent out soon.

Everyone is responsible for their own reservations. Deadlines are April 1.

I've had a few inquiries about Sunday Indy Race too. That is all up to the individual.

Looking forward to seeing Y'ALL soon.

LET'S ROCK!!!
:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

TCurtner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Friday eve Hotel:
Holiday Inn Downtown Huntsville
Rate is $79/night. Use group code SVC.
1-800-465-4329 or you can go to Holiday Inn HUNTSVILLE Hotels | HUNTSVILLE DOWNTOWN | Welcome
We'll need to leave hotel Friday evening at 4:00pm to go to Arena. They've made special arrangements for our cars to be on display inside the arena and we HAVE to be there, loaded in by 4:30!!

Sat Hotel:
Comfort Inn, Leeds, AL
Rate is $90/night Use group code AL/TN Vipers
Phone: (205) 640-6600 Fax: (205) 640-6600 Leeds, Alabama hotel close to Talladega Superspeedway - Comfort Inn and Suites 35094, AL435

Barber Motorsports Park : Contact Us

Sorry it's taken a little longer to coordinate this info. Itinerary will be sent out soon.

Everyone is responsible for their own reservations. Deadlines are April 1.

I've had a few inquiries about Sunday Indy Race too. That is all up to the individual.

Looking forward to seeing Y'ALL soon.

LET'S ROCK!!!
:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Is there track time for us scheduled at Barber (or is that in the works)??

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That football game is going to be a blast! Can't wait to see all of our Vipers in the arena!!

OP
OP
U

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Info for the Barber Motorsports:

Tickets are $40/person Sat, $50 for Sunday admission only, Paddock passes are add'l $30/each.

Car Corral is $25/car for whole weekend. It is a first come-first serve basis. No reservations on that. When it's sold out, that's it.

Chip

OP
OP
U

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They should have us set up as car club now for discounted car corral parking. Space is limited, and they recommend purchasing passes before this weekend.

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Chip, can you let me know what time we should be at the race or a schedule for Sat? I have a friend that is coming with me to the game on Friday and staying the night. She lives about an hour away and she needs to be back on Sat. Trying to figure out if I would have enough time to take her back and get back to the race. Let me know what times when you get them. Thanks!

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just bought the tickets for the race and got the car corral spot. Looking forward to it!!

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are we going to meet at the hotel before the game then drive over there(what time if so)? Will the hotel let us use their water hose so we can wash our cars before the game? Around how many Vipers do you think we will have there? Hoping hoping and hoping I can get my car running right so I can make it...:rolleyes:

OP
OP
U

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our room block was filled last week (12-15). Trying to add a few more. Yes, we'll be meeting at hotel after check-in to leave aroung 4:15 Fri. afternoon. Don't know about the hose, but I'm sure there's a car wash close. If not...detail spray. We'll probably have some time to touch up once inside the Arena. See ya friday....:headbang:

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great new!!!! Just got done tuning my car with Doug Levin on the phone for 3 hours!! This man know everything about Viper! Such a great guy and one of the best in the business! Anyways, car is running very good now. Have some more tuning to do but will do that this week. So I WILL be this weekend! Can't wait.

OP
OP
U

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For all that are attending.

Friday we'll leave the Holiday Inn at 4:00pm to "parade" to the Arena for load in. We'll be having Arena football food from concession stands. After the game we can go hang out somewhere, go back to hotel, have a few "nightcaps", etc. We'll determine that, Friday evening based upon what everyone wants to do.

Sat: depart hotel 8:00am for Barber Motorsports. We'll be there pretty much all day.

Stan's (one of our very own) race (Wilson Racing) is at 4:00 (I think) and afterwards we can go to dinner as a group (tbd). We'll probably go check in at Comfort Inn before dinner depending on time. Bear with us, lots of variables to tend with.

See ya in a few days.

-Chip

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had a great weekend! The football game was the best part! Nice to meet everyone again and am looking forward to getting more Vipers out for the dragon weekend! Chip you did a great job. Thanks again!