Alarm is dead...what happened??

tzoid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just before Christmas, I posted a message regarding a dead battery and what size DieHard to buy. I've got a '99 GTS and the "78" series DieHard Gold fits perfectly, so that issue is behind me. But...now the alarm system won't engage. Drove the car after the battery was installed and she ran perfectly. The old battery was really dead, couldn't even jump the car, but she fired right up once the new one was installed. Anyway, has anyone ever experienced this problem with the alarm? Doesn't make sense to me why it won't engage. Any advice, thoughts, or solutions would be appreciated!

OP
OP
T

tzoid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve...just read your response which caused me to do the incredible thing...read the owner's manual! Probably just what you said, dead battery can cause the alarm to be out of sync. Will try to re-sync today, but do appreciate your tip. Thanks again!

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran into some sytem problems when I replaced my alternator. The electrical/computer system doesn't always reset itself the first time. If you can resync the key fob that will probably do it. I had to take the car for a 15 minute aggresive test drive for all the systems to come back up.

OP
OP
T

tzoid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just like the manual said...."press both buttons within 10 feet of the car and within 10 seconds the alarm will chirp signifying that the re-sync has occured". Everything in the Viper world is perfect...other than it's winter in Pittsburgh and the car is in bed. Happy New Year!