Alarm set light/does not start

Dhorn35

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Given the history and observations you presented, my first step would be to check the battery voltage...but do so after it has been off of a charger or tender at least 30 minutes. After noting that reading and with the volt meter still connected, turn on the headlights to see the effects of a load. Please report your findings.
Hello - Thank you! so i originally tried starting the car immediately after i took it off the tender. I waited a day then tried again and she started right up.

I have not checked the battery voltage yet, but i am curious so i will test that and see what happens when i turn headlights on.

Thanks!
Dave

Dsalameh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call me now if you can, Curt.
Hey Steve I just bought a 1995 viper. Battery is dead I put a jump box on to start the car and the set alarm is on and I don’t have a fob. I ordered one off eBay but I don’t know how to program it. I tried to ground the green wire and nothing happened. Car won’t even crank. Any help?

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
If I understand your post correctly, my first question concerns the status of the car's battery. Did you fully charge the battery? If so, did you test the battery voltage to see the level of charge?
Did you replace the battery with a new, tested battery? Did the car run when you first got it or was it delivered with a dead battery? You need to know that a Viper will "crank" ( which to me means that the starter is turning the engine) even with the alarm set light illuminated...BUT, it will start for a second, then die.

One cannot program a key fob to the system if the alarm light is illuminated.

There are many things to consider here which are too numerous to permit successful and efficient communication on a forum. Consider calling me at 317-402-9013 and maybe we can make some progress.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21