Alarm System Useage/ 1997/ Help!

RAY S

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Guys:
I've got a 97 Viper which I accidently locked the keys in. I was able to open the door with my extra key but I do not have a functional key fob. The alarm system has activated and therefore I cannot start the car. Is there any way to over-ride the alarm on a 97 without a key fob?

GeneralLee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im sorry, I maybe( and probably am way off) but this sounds like hes asking how to steal a viper....

I mean, if he has no functional key fob, how did the alarm set? How did you lock the keys in the car in the first place? Then howd you use another to get in? Again, this is prolly a very legit problem, but it does sound like your just looking for an answer on how to disable the alarm to steal one.

/flame suit on :(

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Ray S and I talked last night...I THOUGHT that I knew him...he's a SOLID Viper guy and fellow Club member. I think that I have him on the right trail to the solution.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First get a functional key fob. Without it, opening any lock (driver, passenger, hood, hatch) will activate the alarm. To the best of my knowledge, the alarm on the 1997 GTS cannot be reset without a key fob.

V

Venomiss

Im sorry, I maybe( and probably am way off) but this sounds like hes asking how to steal a viper....

I mean, if he has no functional key fob, how did the alarm set? How did you lock the keys in the car in the first place? Then howd you use another to get in? Again, this is prolly a very legit problem, but it does sound like your just looking for an answer on how to disable the alarm to steal one.

/flame suit on :(
It's a good question.
No flame at all, just remember if they have the VCA member under the name that means they have a VIN# and a member number on record(checked manually) and paid their dues to join up.
Gets them Viper Magazine, avatar priviledges, and the ability to buy the raffle tickets for the 2008. You probably know this already.;)

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Ray,
Get a key fob and if you don't have a manual(instructs how to set it for the car) get one of those too. I have a couple of extra key fobs and I have a 97 Manual. PM me if you want them.

OP
OP
RAY S

RAY S

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys. Thanks for your input and information. I realized soon after I posted the question that it would look suspicious and that any "defeat" hints would not likely be put in print. Mr brother accidently locked the door on the 97 GTS and shut it. This armed the system. He retrieved our hidden key from under the hood and this set off the alarm. He does not have the fob, I do and I'm 110 miles away! The battery is dead in the fob and I have never used it in the 2 years I have owned the car (it is a track car). So, that is how I got into this pickle.

We had the exact thing happen with our other track Viper (an 01 GTS) but in this case once the key was placed and turned in the ignition switch, the alarm was deactivated. Not so with the 97! Needless to say, my brother will be a bit gun shy about locking Viper doors going forward.

Steve Fess contacted me last night and I am now on the right track (Steve, you are a truely valuable resource for us Viper guys). The transmitter was sent UPS to my brother and hopefully he will be able to deactivate the alarm. If not, it appears that a flatbed and dealership are on the horizon...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery