Albuquerque, NM ??

LethalBite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any snakes out there? I have a good job opp. out that way, but to me it just seems like desert! Any good places to cruise? Decent Vipertechs? Anything special about the town I should know? I'd hate for my car to be in the dustbowl should I move out there. Not that it's a limiting factor, but one that has crossed my mind.

TIA,
Brad

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Contact George Farris, he's the founder and president of the NM region. He's a former member of our region (VA/MD) and has been instrumental in all the Viper activities that go on out there. Terrific guy, and I'm sure he can fill you in. His email is: [email protected]

ViperNM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brad,

George has actually moved up the chain and is now a Regional Director vice the New Mexico Region. Our new President is David Salazar and his e-mail is [email protected]. Great guy with a lot of enthusiasm and tremendous racing knowledge. E-mail me and I can provide you with rather detailed info. on the area, our club, etc.

Regards,

Mike Tobin :usa:

C.Thomson

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Brad,

This is not really a dustbowl, and there are many wide open roads for extreme crusing. The local club has a lot of great trips every year, and most are driving events at extreme speeds. The quality of life here is great since there are relatively few traffic jams and traffic is never really that heavy. I just returned from a visit to Phoenix and I realized how spoiled we are here.

The weather here is also great, and I never have to winterize my car. If you decide to make a vist, drop me a line and I will give you a tour.

[email protected]

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I'll second that on David Salazer. Fun guy that really enjoys and drives his Vipers. It's not a dustbowl and there are some great drives to run.

DesertSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The worst thing about living here is the altitude. 5k-6k feet takes away 15% of the power. Just makes a supercharger that much more tempting :)

The good things are that there are some nice mountain roads to drive on, and you don't have to worry about a lot of rain or snow. You can pretty much drive 12 months a year. Also if you like mexican food this is the place to be :)

I have been living here a year and it's okay, but I miss the East Coast. Thank goodness I work with a lot of fun people and we have a good time.

-Brian

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might like it out here. It is very dry and not much water it is the dessert. But there are great open roads to blast down with your viper. And because you have an RT/10 you can leave the top off most of the year. When I had my Yellow RT I would never put the top on until Oct. If you do move down we can give you the tour. Make sure and drop George an e-mail great guy.

Kenric
645rwhp
814rwt