Alignment for long track - ThunderHill

YLW DRM2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, I know this topic been out couple of times, I searched and found few good threads. However, I was wondering if any of the race guys have an input for the NON ACR car (I have 05 SRT10) specifically for the Thunderhill track. It is a long 3 miles track with some long straightaways where I was able to hit 137, with the additional bolts on that I put over the winter I think I should be hitting 140 on the long straightaway without problem.
So based on the info I found on the forum, here is the alignment I think would be good for this track and the street without being twitchy on the freeway.

Front camber, - 2.0
Front toe out, - 1 mm
Front castor, 5.5 positive. L & R
Rear camber, -1.5
Rear toe in, -2 mm

Or slightly milder set up:

Front camber, - 1.8
Front toe out, - 1 mm
Front castor, 5 positive. L & R
Rear camber, -1.3
Rear toe in, -1.5 mm

I take the car to the track 7-10 times a year, so it is mostly street car, but I do drive very agressivly on the track and I do enjoy overtaking higher end cars so the quicker I go through the corner and stay on the track :). So what do you think? Which one of the above set ups would be best overall win with slight inclination towards track set up?

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
7-10 times a year is genuine Track Rat material. If you're on a "long track" and are only hitting 137 in a Gen 3, you need to work on corner exit speed and place more faith in your excellent ABS system. I had to squint hard driving my SRT to keep my eyeballs from flying out of their sockets under braking.

As for alignment, use just a tad of toe-out in the front. It'll help turn-in.

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, I know this topic been out couple of times, I searched and found few good threads. However, I was wondering if any of the race guys have an input for the NON ACR car (I have 05 SRT10) specifically for the Thunderhill track. It is a long 3 miles track with some long straightaways where I was able to hit 137, with the additional bolts on that I put over the winter I think I should be hitting 140 on the long straightaway without problem.
So based on the info I found on the forum, here is the alignment I think would be good for this track and the street without being twitchy on the freeway.

Front camber, - 2.0
Front toe out, - 1 mm
Front castor, 5.5 positive. L & R
Rear camber, -1.5
Rear toe in, -2 mm

Or slightly milder set up:

Front camber, - 1.8
Front toe out, - 1 mm
Front castor, 5 positive. L & R
Rear camber, -1.3
Rear toe in, -1.5 mm

I take the car to the track 7-10 times a year, so it is mostly street car, but I do drive very agressivly on the track and I do enjoy overtaking higher end cars so the quicker I go through the corner and stay on the track :). So what do you think? Which one of the above set ups would be best overall win with slight inclination towards track set up?

Forget speed down front straight-what times are you running at TH?

OP
OP
Y

YLW DRM2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't clocked myself yet in a Viper. In the days of C5 (back 5 years ago) my best was under 2 min 12 sec on a few bolts on car.

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't clocked myself yet in a Viper. In the days of C5 (back 5 years ago) my best was under 2 min 12 sec on a few bolts on car.

Next time you do a track day let me know and I will try to come up. I know the track pretty well-might be able to give you a few tips to gain speed there. Brian

OP
OP
Y

YLW DRM2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Next time you do a track day let me know and I will try to come up. I know the track pretty well-might be able to give you a few tips to gain speed there. Brian

That be great!

What do you think about the alignment specks I posted above?

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If driven on the street the milder set up is always better. Even on my ACR I have a "rough track" setup, even though it would probably be faster with the "smooth track" setup. Too aggressive chews up tires on the street and usually causes the car to track all over the place on the freeways. Don't take this wrong but work on your driving skills to get faster-then focus on the car!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery