Alignment in D/FW area

Reaction score
I don't really have a suggestion but will offer this to improve the performance and "tracking down the road" of the stock suspension.

Front camber 1.5 - 1.8 neg.

Front toe 0 - .10 degrees total toe in or out. Out to make turn in crisp, with more twitchy feel under braking, in for better tracking smoothness.

Rear camber .5 - .8 neg

Rear toe should be .20 degrees total toe in for stability and off corner powering.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used the shop at the Cresson track, Motorsport Ranch.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
R

rtigert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't really have a suggestion but will offer this to improve the performance and "tracking down the road" of the stock suspension.

Front toe 0 - .10 degrees total toe in or out. Out to make turn in crisp, with more twitchy feel under braking, in for better tracking smoothness.

Rear camber .5 - .8 neg

Rear toe should be .20 degrees total toe in for stability and off corner powering.

Mark, What about street specs for better stability. I believe that the current alignment is track spec. The car gets "darty" / "twitchy" the faster that you go.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RUF Auto Center is very highly recommended in DFW. They will be aligning my 08 Viper next week (I had the spring caps installed). 911 Enterprises I have heard is good, but very expensive. They charged $400 for my friend's Race M3, and wouldn't quote him beforehand.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Rear camber .5 - .8 neg

Mark, is this for general driveability on a mostly stock car for normal driving or track driving? Thanks!

Jason

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay guys but we use those settings on the Moton cars all day long and have no tire issues or dartiness. I would tweak it a bit more for all out tracking.

V10BAT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay guys but we use those settings on the Moton cars all day long and have no tire issues or dartiness. I would tweak it a bit more for all out tracking.

sorry to be a pain,but i would like to tame my srt ,i had been told that cos of the width
of tire it will be diving about alot.
i also have a zo6 vette,it has the same size tires on ,and does not track/dart about at all.
i would love to make my viper tamer.
any chance you could provide all specs for that type driving.
are the factory settings a bit on the racey side?
am i right in thinking you could make a vette a real handful if you set it up with viper specs,or does it not work like that .
i know this is a deep subject,but sometimes i have trouble prying my hands of the steering wheel after a drive:D

Reaction score
The caster is not easy to check in the rear so I would live with what you have. The car has a bit of it in the front which is good. The neg camber is what will help the tracking down the road because it takes that big tire and re distributes the weight to the inside edge, add a bit of toe in and the stability will come.

Rear camber .5 - .8 neg

If this is not working for you then add .10 degrees of toe in in the front and rear. although I would not do this because it will take the "edge" off the cars reflexes and I don't think that is why people buy Vipers.

A note about prying your hands off the wheel, you should not be holding that tight. You are probably causing 1/2 or more of your trouble yourself with over corrections. Loosen the grip, it will be OK.

sorry to be a pain,but i would like to tame my srt ,i had been told that cos of the width
of tire it will be diving about alot.
i also have a zo6 vette,it has the same size tires on ,and does not track/dart about at all.
i would love to make my viper tamer.
any chance you could provide all specs for that type driving.
are the factory settings a bit on the racey side?
am i right in thinking you could make a vette a real handful if you set it up with viper specs,or does it not work like that .
i know this is a deep subject,but sometimes i have trouble prying my hands of the steering wheel after a drive:D

V10BAT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey cheers for that,i hear you with ref to relaxing my grip.
just sometimes i get to go down one of the uk`s dug up resurfaced (several times)
roads,lets just say interesting.
the more i ask , the more i know, :2tu:
i`ll have to find a place that knows what there doing here in England.:D
looks like some great equipment state side.

OP
OP
R

rtigert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to all that responded.

Dallas Dodge quoted "about $400"

Plano Dodge = "How much is your 4 wheel alignment?" - Response "$69.95 ~ I say "for a Viper?" - Response "can you hold on a moment... returns to phone "Oh, it will be right at $300 for a Viper". :naughty: They did perform the oil change for me; in excellent time, without having an appointment (30 minutes from arrival to cashier)!

Called Ruf @ 7am this morning - $169... I was there at 8 am, back on the road about 11. Very professional shop, IMMACUALTE service area, and opened the entire facility for me to browse through; including work area, (which helped greatly considering I was waiting there for the work to be complete)

Thanks again for all your suggestions and help!!!! :2tu:

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to all that responded.

Called Ruf @ 7am this morning - $169... I was there at 8 am, back on the road about 11. Very professional shop, IMMACUALTE service area, and opened the entire facility for me to browse through; including work area, (which helped greatly considering I was waiting there for the work to be complete)

Thanks again for all your suggestions and help!!!! :2tu:

I knew they would take care of you. They did an excellent job on my car, and they were as friendly as you described, giving a personal tour of the shop and showroom. That kind of customer service/relationship is not common today. How did you like the RT12 with the integrated roll cage? Very impressive! :2tu:

Jason

OP
OP
R

rtigert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How did you like the RT12 with the integrated roll cage? Very impressive! :2tu:

Jason

Absolutely sick car; as were the yellow and silver Carrera GT's :omg:. I can't say in words how impressed I was with their attitude/service. It were almost like I owned the place. Great group of people. Even the tech's that were working on others vehicle's were all cordial.

cheryl mccally

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the Ruf and PST folks are great. Most of the Porsche folks are just car nuts like us and they appreciate all great cars, including the Viper. I go to all the MRPCA track events and they welcomed me and the ACR like I was one of them. Really, really cool bunch of people.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte