ALL MOTOR BUILD!!(Pics)

OP
OP

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This build never ends!!

Slung the driver's side half shaft out and messed the yoke up that comes out of the diff. So might as well put some 3.55 gears in!

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got the rear end back in the car in less than a week after breaking down! The spider gear was all tore up, barely any teeth still on it! The guy who rebuilt it said he had never seen a spider gear so tore up and the vehicle still driving..lol. I guess the 4 years of wheel hop finally took its toll!!

So my own words of wisdom...When the rear starts to wheel hop, LET OUT!!! That's probably why the half shaft let go as well.

OP
OP

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So far so good! Went through the break-in procedure and then let it rip. With the stock gears on these Michelin PS2s it would hook right up in 1st. Now I hit first it gets sideways through 3rd!!

So I will definitely be at the Vipers at the Biltmore Estate next month. Hope to see some of you guys there!!!

Steve

eliems

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So far so good! Went through the break-in procedure and then let it rip. With the stock gears on these Michelin PS2s it would hook right up in 1st. Now I hit first it gets sideways through 3rd!!

So I will definitely be at the Vipers at the Biltmore Estate next month. Hope to see some of you guys there!!!

Steve

So do you think 3.33 might have been a better choice? How about for a "more spirited" daily driver?

OP
OP

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So do you think 3.33 might have been a better choice? How about for a "more spirited" daily driver?

With the taller tires I think I'm close to 3.40ish anyway. I was heavily favoring the 3.33s but I figured why not make the gear swap worth it. The 3.55s really are a very nice driving gear. With my mods the 3.55s are probably on the edge of being too much gear, but it sure is fun!!:drive:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang