ALMS GTS Class?

Vipuurantae

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what's happening to the Vipers in the GTS Class. I know that the new team (American Viper Racing) was entered but they haven't been in the last few races. Does anyone know what happened to them? Is there any other Vipers coming to the GTS Class? I'm hoping that there are more Vipers coming because I can't stand to see the Vettes or the new Saleens win another race.

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, not sure exactly what this will mean, but the April 16 edition of Auto Week says "Chrysler vs. Corvette - Again". It says a new French operation will be running a Viper (Oreca car and technical support) in LeMans this year, driven by David Terrien, Jonathan Cochet (last years Formula 3 champion), and Jean-Philippe Dayraut.

Reaction score
Read my post of 4/27/01, 24 Hours of Le Mans, ORECA LMP, Vipers news. Dodge is not supporting ORECA Team Viper program, much to my displeasure. The Dodge LMP program is only for Le Mans with the balance of the ALMS to be defined. Dodge set the, with factory backed racing, hook in the Viper community then cut bait and jumped to NASCAR. To me NASCAR, seems a bit boring when compared to the ALMS or FIA series.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang