Am I a Viper clean FREAK??

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Middle of the road here. The dust and occasional puddle splash may accumulate for a month before tending too. But Sunday went out with a Corvette club on a country cruise and rode the leaders ass a lot of the way. Car was filthy at the end of that and got a second bath in as many days.

High points of Viper in Corvette club cruise:

-> A Corvette took out the vulture snacking on a dead turtle in the road. Those are big birds. Feathers everywhere!

-> I was invited by another Viper who had a red SRT as compared to my red GTS. We pull up at the meeting spot and the cameras come out for the GTS but not the SRT. Hmm.

Peter Nielsen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Reasons to wash (for me)
-Obvious layer of dust (like after 2-3 weeks of driving)
-Rain / rain drops => immediate washing to avoid water spots

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After every drive I wash my Viper, shamy her, and then the next day wax her detail and put her away for the next drive.
Are any other Viper owners the same way or is it just me, is this called anal?
WIFE THINKS I'M NUTS can anyone relate?

FLX109

Nice looking ride...and yes, I'd say your wife is right, although she may be a bit jealous of your 2nd love. As for me, I take mine to the car wash for a hand wash, and/or the 20 min wax job

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I stopped washing the car after every longer drive when the stealership crashed Viper #2 ... drive it, don't waste time with washing ... :crazy2:

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Middle of the road here. The dust and occasional puddle splash may accumulate for a month before tending too. But Sunday went out with a Corvette club on a country cruise and rode the leaders ass a lot of the way. Car was filthy at the end of that and got a second bath in as many days.

High points of Viper in Corvette club cruise:

-> A Corvette took out the vulture snacking on a dead turtle in the road. Those are big birds. Feathers everywhere!

-> I was invited by another Viper who had a red SRT as compared to my red GTS. We pull up at the meeting spot and the cameras come out for the GTS but not the SRT. Hmm.

Of course few people have spent the time cleaning the underside of their car like you have. I seem to remember pics of your undercarriage and I would wager its cleaner than the top side of many people's cars.

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remind me to buy one of your cars in the future. I can count the number of times I have washed both of my cars on one hand. However, I wish I could spend that time cleaning, but if I have free time it will be behind the wheel.

I hear you...I have recently given up on washing mine and now someone else has to do it. At least it is a hand wash and the occassional wax. I just don't have the time.

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I first purchased the car I would wash it everytime I drove it and would polish it atleast four times per year. Now, I wash it after every 3-4 times of driving it. I simply don't have the time anymore. I have better things to do with my time.

Red Shift

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a crazy amount of detail work. I keep good wax on the car (Zaino) and clean it every couple weeks. A Viper is a Viper, and a clean Viper isn't the much more impressive than a bit dusty one.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is one of those damn lawyers. I am surprised he does not have one of his associates or paralegals was it for him.:)

Ha, you probably have your entire corporate finance team washing yours, since they aren't working :crazy2:

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This man is not lying sadly.

Yeah, you saw the layers of bugs on top of layers of dirt!

I stopped washing the car after every longer drive when the stealership crashed Viper #2 ... drive it, don't waste time with washing ... :crazy2:

Exactly. Every drive could be your last, and all that time wasted washing could have been spent enjoying driving instead.

OP
OP
F

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is Great....
I can show the wife this and it will prove that there are more people like me and I am not nuts.

OP
OP
F

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill,
My SSG brother I understand why you do it ...its because you own the best colored Viper of all time,lol...Not only does my wife think Iam nuts/stupid/combination but she thinks the ACR Iam getting looks like a RICER car because of the wing,lol...As long as it keeps you happy why not??? You take great pride in your car...good for you!!!! PS Liked your article in VIPER magazine..Kevin

Hey Kevin,
You may be right on the color, but other than washing why do I buy everything thats green, is this a sickness to?
thankyou on the article, you should see this thing in person I actually thought of putting it out front for halloween.
Did you get your SSG ACR yet? this is killing me because I been thinking of one myself.

Bill

SR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
FLX109,

I agree with your wife.

I love my Viper and wash it when it gets dirty only.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, you all make me feel guilty. I used to wash all of my cars at least once a week and the Viper got waxed at least once a month. For the past few years, I have only washed the cars four or five times total. I generally wash the Viper when I can start seeing mouse prints in the dust. Sad.

viper67wife

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to stop laughing behind Victor's back - he's not as bad as you, but he did spend the 3 or 4 days before it was street legal here detailing it.... The up side is my car did get a polish out of the deal (but no french fry removal!)

Diane

cash84

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When I first purchased the car I would wash it everytime I drove it and would polish it atleast four times per year. Now, I wash it after every 3-4 times of driving it. I simply don't have the time anymore. I have better things to do with my time.

I agree. I have better things to do. I wash it like once every 2weeks and only wax it annually

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Kevin,
You may be right on the color, but other than washing why do I buy everything thats green, is this a sickness to?
thankyou on the article, you should see this thing in person I actually thought of putting it out front for halloween.
Did you get your SSG ACR yet? this is killing me because I been thinking of one myself.

Bill

Bill,
Surprise,its still not at the dealer:rolleyes::rolleyes:....Should have kept my 08 SSG and just modded it.....If you want to take my ACR let me know.:mad:..Kevin

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to detail my undercarriage and suspension badly. My garage floor is too nice to do it inside though. I need to find a car wash with a lift.:2tu:

I currenty have my Viper up on jack stands in the garage with the wheels off. I detailed the undercarriage, suspension and wheels. I even pulled the rotors off and painted the center with caliper paint. I hit the undercarriage with my pressure washer before putting it up on the jack stands. I just put down some plastic and news paper to prevent making a mess on the floor. I should have it back on the road my Saturday.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is not good. Now Bill will never come out and play. He'll be cleaning his car too much to drive it and his wife won't be able to do anything about it.

Bill, its a car... drive it first... clean it when you can.

Besides, you have enough wax on the car to go months without washing. You could probably just blow the dirt off after each drive.