AMAZING PRICES on new Gen V

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't see why people that have no intention in buying a Gen V care so much about the price and want to tell people that have bought how much value the car has lost.

Congrats?

08viperviolet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes all I see is a bunch of people saying what's wrong with car but if it is priced low enough they will buy one. I think you are starting to see the bottom on the 13. Remember if all these new one are priced so low all used vipers are loosing value as well.

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes all I see is a bunch of people saying what's wrong with car but if it is priced low enough they will buy one. I think you are starting to see the bottom on the 13. Remember if all these new one are priced so low all used vipers are loosing value as well.
I have seen many of the complaints, and they concerned me but the TA I bought does not seem to have any of the issues I've heard about,Obviously the TA has fewer options etc.but build quality appears very good better than any Viper before it. Maybe the early cars had problems? I think this has been more about marketing than quality on most of the cars. it seems SRT might have been too optimistic on how soon they could get it into full production. I can only speak to the car I bought, but Ill tell you so far its been worth every penny I paid for it!

Bruce H.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The sales turn around could come a lot faster than you think, and once it's on the increased activity will drive prices back up somewhat.

I have complete confidence in the informed consumer, and happen to be one myself I think. Having actually been in the market to buy a car of this nature and price range I looked at all offerings. My search narrowed to the Gen V and when I had enough info to make a good purchase decision I pulled the trigger and ordered one. Got a great deal with the dealer offering the same for my trade as it was worth selling privately, saved the aggravation of selling it plus saved our 13% sales tax on the purchase price difference, and know I got a great price on the unique and exotic car that I wanted. No other new car offering of this nature can touch its value, and it would seem no other car can beat it on the track. On the dealer's side, I figure he really discounted the Viper about $6000 and paid fair wholesale for my trade. I came out over $10k ahead, the dealer still made money and didn't feel he got *****, and I'm confident he'll take good care of me if I have any problems. A win-win.

I'm sure there's lots of informed and savy shoppers following this thread. Some of them are qualified and potential Viper buyers, and some need prices to drop to even below "fire sale" levels in hopes they can eventually become one. While this latter group is forced to wait, and wait, many of the guys who can buy have been holding off for spring since they're up to their knees in snow and ice and wouldn't want to take delivery yet anyways (I ordered mine in December for April delivery). They've watched in amasement as their up-coming deal has become an even better value. They'll be eager to buy this spring, and rather motivated I would think to cash in on the windfall savings as the snow and selection of cars dwindles. The seasonal demand is just a fact, and so is the car's value. The best deals will disappear first.

So the laws of supply and demand will prevail. I expect smart money to combine with spring demand and kick in rather firmly. But either way, congrats to all those who will be scoring a new Viper at an incredible price this spring! And to those of you who have endless reasons for not buying...and I'll add a 2015 Refresh to the list...I hope you eventually find what you're looking for at some point in the future.

Bruce

dmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't see why people that have no intention in buying a Gen V care so much about the price and want to tell people that have bought how much value the car has lost.

Congrats?

Agreed, trolls maybe?
I think it's good to hear about good deals but I think thats what this is, a good deal and not to continue. Prices will stabilize and as Bruce mentioned, soon it will be a memory. These were mid year 13s, Since then production was slowed down because of slow sales.
Soon, you have either pulled the trigger and are happy or you sad because you waited to long.

I'm very satisfied with my purchase and so the prices are for those selling or buying. Owners are happy :D

Hothonda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Obviously somebody's buying them.....(BTW, Chevrolet is (has) increasing the base price $2K effective 3/1/14)

"General Motors released the monthly sales figures this morning for February 2014. The reports shows that sales of the Corvette Stingray are up 148% over last February with deliveries totaling 2,438 vs 980 in February 2013. We also see that the 2,438 Corvettes delivered in February 2014 was an increase of 7.8% over January 2014′s sales of 2,261 Corvettes. For the calendar year (January-February 2014), Corvette sales are up 148.9% with 4,699 delivered this year compared to 2013 sales of 1,888."

Bruce H.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Corvettes that sold in Jan and Feb last year were the discontinued models. Others may know, but my guess is that they would have been substantially discounted to move, and move they did. Maybe some of those guys are suffering buyer's remorse and getting ready to move up. Btw, does Joe Public even know that you can now buy a Viper at a deep discount?

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Obviously somebody's buying them.....(BTW, Chevrolet is (has) increasing the base price $2K effective 3/1/14)

"General Motors released the monthly sales figures this morning for February 2014. The reports shows that sales of the Corvette Stingray are up 148% over last February with deliveries totaling 2,438 vs 980 in February 2013. We also see that the 2,438 Corvettes delivered in February 2014 was an increase of 7.8% over January 2014′s sales of 2,261 Corvettes. For the calendar year (January-February 2014), Corvette sales are up 148.9% with 4,699 delivered this year compared to 2013 sales of 1,888."

Why of course Corvette sales are up, our country is full of sheeples! In fact most of the writers for car magazines are sheeples
Directing the hurd of sheeples to buy based on their poorly informed opinions.

2006red/whitecoupe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My understanding is that they are currently building approx 120 per month. In January US dealers sold 47 Vipers, in February 44 sold.....In Canada 5 sold in Jan and 4 in Feb. On average about 50 per month sold and perhaps winter is slow. Bottom line is if you build 120 and sell 50, supply is still a problem and something has to give; I hope SRT doesn't throw in the towel but to pick up demand the 2015 may need more power or other changes. The Gen 5 appears to great value and all new owners seem to report it is a great car .....lets hope sales pick up. The other thing is that you can't expect dealers to order cars and then sell them for less than they paid.....congrats to all Gen 5 owners for stepping up to the plate.

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just enjoy the next generation Viper at whatever price you got stuck with. We will all be dead a long time (and you can't take it with you).

640bhpV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd say the way the 14's seem to be moving it won't be a lack of sales that causes to cancel the car.

I agree. I have been watching car inventories and they have been steadily shrinking over the past several months. In fact, I bought a 2013 Red SRT Trackpack one weeks ago because there were so few remaining. The weekend that I bought mine, the SoCal inventory of 2013 Red SRT TPs fell by half. I got a tremendous deal (like 2008 SRT-10 coupe MSRP kind of price) and I think this is also driving a recent surge in sales. Spring is coming and things may perk up.

BTW, I used to post under the name - former345bhpLS1 and it feels really good to finally be a Viper owner!

-Nick

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Per Allpar article:

"The Viper may be cleared for sale in Europe, according to a representative of Swiss Ram and Dodge importers. The rep told Allpar correspondent Karl3 that the side exhaust has been an obstacle, but that certification is still imminent."

If this happens, I think the car will be very popular over there. There is already a push to sell it in the Emirates and assuming that there is no problem selling it in Russia, sales should significantly increase.

I do not see the current steep discounts lasting past the end of April. Use them or lose them.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a chance these discounts will last once the old inventory gets sold. Some dealers are probably panicing because Viper sales are slow and they think sales are going to dealers offering the biggest discounts. Well, are they selling like hot cakes at $35k off? I have a feeling they aren't, time of year isn't helping, and maybe some buyers are unquestionably sitting back waiting to capitalize on the panic. As prices firm up, selection dwindles and the snow melts buyers will hopefully get off their couch and buy their new Vipers. I don't see them finding a better value unless Porsche or others have a 1/2 price or 2 for 1 sales event. We're unlikely to ever see anywhere near this kind of inventory at dealers again, and perhaps a lot fewer SRT or Viper dealers. It'll be back to special ordering at MSRP, or negotiating a small discount if you're lucky.

Corvette Nation is outraged because the mid-year price increase on the base C7 just went up $2k, and Z51 even more. The 2015's will go up even more, and the Z06 is certain to be much, much more expensive. The 991 Turbo S is $218,000 in Canadaler now, and even the M3 and 4 is above $100k now. The toys are getting a lot pricey, and while everybody was busy ******** for the last 12 months the Viper became the bargain of the millennium.

Is it time for serious buyers to buy yet or what?
If Dodge wants dealers to order 2015(if there is a 2015 ) they MUST do something to facilitate movement on the hundreds 2013 and 2014 on dealer floorplan its that simple .(If a dealer is floorplanning multiple 2013-2014 GEN 5S there is no way hes going to consider ordering 2015s )At this moment the zone reps are definately hearing about floorplan costs as the dealers in question are not accustom to carrying such an expensive car.The next few months will tell alot as the model year 2015 approaches Remember guys this is a business .

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buhler has 2. :)
Exactly theres a black on black 13 and a beaut red (graph stripe )14 As i posted previous if any one is serious about a Gen 5 PM me and ill gladly call over there to get you a test drive ect

Bruce H.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Dodge wants dealers to order 2015(if there is a 2015 ) they MUST do something to facilitate movement on the hundreds 2013 and 2014 on dealer floorplan its that simple .(If a dealer is floorplanning multiple 2013-2014 GEN 5S there is no way hes going to consider ordering 2015s )At this moment the zone reps are definately hearing about floorplan costs as the dealers in question are not accustom to carrying such an expensive car.The next few months will tell alot as the model year 2015 approaches Remember guys this is a business .

There is a 2015, and dealers ordering them doesn't sound like a problem at all. Customer picks the model/options/color, pays deposit and dealer orders! Simple. The dealers that ordered too many 2013 or 2014, or the wrong combos, will blow them out the same way as any other car they want to move, and they can use them to take 2015 orders with. Good dealerships are very profitable. Floor plan costs on some cars aren't going to hurt them.

You just seem determined to fan the flames on the fire you claim is raging. Stop panicking...we're all going to help you through your crisis.

Last edited:

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1BADGTS here to tell us how great he is selling cars, how terrible the gen V is, how fast someone else can drive his car.

Congrats bro. No one cares.

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The new Gen V is pure viper just like the Gen 1,2,3,4

Something called evolution and it's neccasery and price wise what is offred now at 100k ? give me one car that can keep up with its performance, exclusivity and look amazing. ?

Be real and realistic guys !!!!:dunno:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper