An unfortunate first - car keyed

Brian 95 RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I knew it would happen sooner or later. Checked out a new local restaurant this weekend at night. My car was even parked out in front along the city street. Came out and saw about a nine inch gouge in the hood as it curves into the driver's side fender. Got some touch up paint and wheeled it out the best I could.

What's gets me is that there was a newer vette, BMW, and Porsche out there worth more than my 11 year old Viper, but nothing happened to them. It's probably a good thing I didn't see the vandal do it - I don't think prison would be fun!!!

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I hate to hear things like this, sorry it happened to you. I never park where I can't always see the car.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You know I bet it's Asssholes like the people who run that *** website where they encourage people to key a viper and so on...man what a bunch of aholes and talk about stupid marketing....They like to sell worthless hits to businesses.

Sorry to hear about your car. Some people deserve to be hit by a car....

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man that *****. What kind of chicken sh*t would do that..? It's tough but sometimes you have to make some decisions about where you drive it.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That *****. Is the person anti-American or something? How could a person vandalize a beautiful American automobile? Hopefully they have a special place in hell for these A holes.

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

OP
OP
B

Brian 95 RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's tough but sometimes you have to make some decisions about where you drive it.

Well, for the two plus years I've owned my Viper, people have always asked me "why don't you take your Viper out anywhere?" I happen to live in a blue collar auto town where there aren't a lot of safe bars/restaurants/stores to leave it unattended period. Now I have proof!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That really *****. It happened to me about a month ago, but they got my driver side door. Why not file it on insurance and get the affected areas repainted? It shouldnt raise your rates because it's vandalism.

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know who makes a great proximity alarm? I know I just walked up to one before owning one and the thing sounded off with a loud "STAND BACK, YOUR TOO CLOSE" audio alert. I think this would scare a few folks off.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know who makes a great proximity alarm? I know I just walked up to one before owning one and the thing sounded off with a loud "STAND BACK, YOUR TOO CLOSE" audio alert. I think this would scare a few folks off.
I'm not sure DanAuito. I've walked by cars before that had that alarm and it kind of just pissed me off. Having some dumb asss car alarm telling me to STAND BACK. A bunch of little punks, with nothing better to do, might take that as a reason to F with the car. IMO

2005 Silver SRT/10

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Yep, when I bought my first Viper it had that talking alarm on it. I came out of a resaurant one night to find some ******** kicking my tires just so he could hear it talk again, and again, and again. I got in his face a little.....until I realized he wasn't actually hurting anything. People have no respect for what WE'VE worked hard for.

I removed that alarm. It draws unnecessary attention to our cars.....something we really don't need anyhow.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd rather have an alarm that videotapes motion around it. Someone posted such a device some time ago, but when I looked it up, it was in "hype, but no delivery" mode.

It was called the Galaxy 2000 or something like that.

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, actually 'Viper Alarms' makes a good one, and you can get one that coincidentally says "Protected by Viper, Stand Back!" I remember seeing this in the commercials in the 90's.

ryan94rt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
its unfortunate that we have jerks who are jelous and want to be that destructive about it...but i don't think one of the perimeter viper alarms are going to stop these people...the'll just throw a rock or something else to get it to scratch or dent...you just got to be careful and hope you catch anyone doing this!...then beat them to a bloody pulp!!

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you are going to get a motion alarm don't get the rice version where it talks to you...I would just get one that chirps if you get too close. But it also has a lot of false alarms....You could carry a car cover and put it on the car....most people I don't think will go through the hassle of picking up the cover...plus if they plan on doing damage...it will take them a little longer to do it and may discourage them.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I knew it would happen sooner or later. Checked out a new local restaurant this weekend at night. My car was even parked out in front along the city street. Came out and saw about a nine inch gouge in the hood as it curves into the driver's side fender. Got some touch up paint and wheeled it out the best I could.

What's gets me is that there was a newer vette, BMW, and Porsche out there worth more than my 11 year old Viper, but nothing happened to them. It's probably a good thing I didn't see the vandal do it - I don't think prison would be fun!!!

Makes ya wonder if it wasn't the vett, BMW or porsche owner!!! I hate to think something like that, but I think it true to a point. jealousy

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to think another nice car owner wouldn't do this as some empathy may reside inside.

I always carry the cover and the locking cable if I have to be out of view.

I've heard there are silent alarms (saw it on Overhaulin) that just vibrate your FOB to let YOU know someone may-be messing with the car. Now that is a cool feature as you would be alerted but the Mother F@(%&r whose messing with the car wouldn't!
That should be called the "TIME TO Kick some A$$ ALERT!"!!!!!!

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow now that's a BUMMER.

makes me think someone was just jealous and had to scratch it

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody have that video of the “ monkey in the truck alarm system”?

Funny as helll. It shows a guy breaking into a car and this money climbs out of the trunk, through the back seat, and beats the living sshitt out of this guy.

Good stuff if anybody still has it.

2005 Silver SRT/10

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard there are silent alarms (saw it on Overhaulin) that just vibrate your FOB to let YOU know someone may-be messing with the car. Now that is a cool feature as you would be alerted but the Mother F@(%&r whose messing with the car wouldn't!
That should be called the "TIME TO Kick some A$$ ALERT!"!!!!!!

Now that would be a good investment. Catching someone vandalizing my car and getting to beat them would be well worth it no matter the cost :2tu:

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As with the other times that this has happened, find out if the establishment has video as well as the other establishments in the area. You never know.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, for the two plus years I've owned my Viper, people have always asked me "why don't you take your Viper out anywhere?"

My condolences, man. Concerning those that ask why you don't drive it more often - as you know you have to judge it yourself. Personally, I've been lucky; 10 years of driving a Viper pretty much as a daily driver in the San Jose CA area - however, both Vipers I've owned have been black, and black does seem to get a lot less attention, which is how I like it. I have installed a pager-type alarm, which would detect anything severe happening to the car - opening of a switch-sensed door, turning the ignition on, or a pretty significant impact, but I know it would not detect a keying, etc.

Concerning the alarm that talks back, they do very much encourage vandalism in my personal opinion, as other have said. They've tempted *me* to do something to a car that had the arrogance to tell me to "stand back", when I was merely walking near it - I would never do it, but I can understand how it would trigger those with less respect for other's property; having your *defenseless* car giving attitude to people is not the method to *reduce* vandalism.

redacr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This makes me sick.. I know how you feel. My I was at a wedding last year someone keyed my corvette all the way around. My friend owns a shop he took the car all the way down and painted it for me. I typed my name in on google looking for a family member and ran into the report when my car was damaged it made me pissed all over again. I don't let the viper out of my sight. What goes around comes around. Sorry about your car get it fixed so you won't look at it every time you walk by the car.

T. Shuttz

Vandalism. Terry Shuttz, of Chesterton, reported $3,500 damage to his car at Casa Del Roma, 712 Calumet in Valparaiso

viper spray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I came out of a bar once and two cops had a guy cuffed and face planted into the concrete, they caught him trying to piss on my Viper , the car was right up front by the door and in the light. My car was spot free , but his face was a little bloody. lol......

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4