ANNOYING SEAT BELT INDICATOR CHIME!

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know how I can deactivate the seat belt indicator chime? Without putting on my seat belt (I saw that coming a mile away). Is that something I can do myself or no? It's extremely annoying!

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1)Turn ignition switch to OFF position & fasten drivers seat belt.
2)Start engine & wait for Seat Belt warning light to go out.
3)Unfasten & fasten drivers seat belt 3 times within 1 minute of starting the car.
4)Turn off engine & a single chime will be heard. System has been deactivated.

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1)Turn ignition switch to OFF position & fasten drivers seat belt.
2)Start engine & wait for Seat Belt warning light to go out.
3)Unfasten & fasten drivers seat belt 3 times within 1 minute of starting the car.
4)Turn off engine & a single chime will be heard. System has been deactivated.

Thanks! I'll try it!

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm glad you asked that question. It's been bugging me too and I haven't taken the time to read the manual about it (assuming it's even in there).

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Strange as I have run track events with 6 points installed and did not get the chime. The light was on but that is all.

If you do the above sequence does that turn the light off as well?

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks also, I didn't think you could do anything about that.

How about when you unlock the door with the key fob. I'ts iritating to have to unlook the pass. side. Seems like I'm allways needing to get something on that side, but it's allways locked. I have to go around and unlock it, or push the key fob several times to unlock it. Sometimes it takes three tries. Very annoying for passangers also. I would like to push the key fob one time and open both doors period.

I know it's to keep a stranger from jumping in that side of the car, but I'd be gone by the time they figured how to get in the car.

Skip

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hey Skip, you can do that too. Mine is set up to unlock both doors with a single push of the buttom. It's in the manual, though I can't remember exactly where. Good luck.

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After mentioning all the usual disclaimers about how it should always be worn, he is the fix.

Remove the seat and you will see a wiring connector at the seat belt base. There are simply two wires there, connect them together in a permanent fashion and your chime is gone.

CYA

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I tried it. It seems to be a temporary fix to the problem. It works until I turn off the car and start it again. I guess I'm gonna have to pay my viper tech a visit.

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason, no need to provide the disclaimers as when I need the light to be off is when I am wearing 6 point belts instead of the factory belts. I thought about jumping the connector at the back of the seat. Sounds like a good and permanent solution.

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, this is a picture I took back when installing th ebelts. The small white connector to the rear (left) of the amp is the seat belt connector. There is a similar pigtail coming from the rear of the seat. No need to remove the seat to access the connectors. Just reach under the rear of the seat (with it moved full forward) and you will see the connector.
100_1513.jpg

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Cris. I see the connector coming from the rear of the seat and going into the carpet on my car. OK then, exactly which wires are we connecting? Sorry for my electrical ignorance.

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I performed the procedure that is in the owners manual. Works fine, no chime since. The buckle seat belt light stays on but that isn't a big deal.

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That means I must have done the procedure before. Very possible as buying in February ('03) gives lots of garage time to try everything. I am still thinking of the jump to eliminate the lamp. On the track one does not need any additional distractions!

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also did the seat belt connect-disconnect sequence and it has also solved the chime annoyance for me. The indicator light remains on as you said but no big deal.

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I tried it. It seems to be a temporary fix to the problem. It works until I turn off the car and start it again. I guess I'm gonna have to pay my viper tech a visit.

King, the procedure works for me on my 03. Its the same as the instructions that are in the owners manual. Is it different on 04s'?

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

King, the procedure works for me on my 03. Its the same as the instructions that are in the owners manual. Is it different on 04s'?

I've been so busy since I bought it I haven't even had the time to really crack it open. Thought I'd get some quick info here. I'm definitely gonna get really familiar with it this evening and I'll report back.

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know how I can deactivate the seat belt indicator chime? Without putting on my seat belt (I saw that coming a mile away). Is that something I can do myself or no? It's extremely annoying!

Don't worry Trey, if my Viper was as slow as your SRT I wouldn't wear my seatbelt either.

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Don't worry Trey, if my Viper was as slow as your SRT I wouldn't wear my seatbelt either.

Oh yeah. You did FINALLY get your car on the road after a year in a half didn't you. I hope your car is fast. NASA could've built something for space travel in that amount of time. :shocked:

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Oh yeah. You did FINALLY get your car on the road after a year in a half didn't you. I hope your car is fast. NASA could've built something for space travel in that amount of time. :shocked:

I don't know about NASA, but my GTS is going to look like the Space Shuttle from the view out of your windshield.

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't know about NASA, but my GTS is going to look like the Space Shuttle from the view out of your windshield.

That's what your mouth says now. What's the old adage? Run whatcha' brung and hope you brought enough. I'll tell you now you aint got enough. And I'll tell you on race day you aint got enough. Losing to you is not an option. There's always someone faster. But alas.....

YOU AINT HIM!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4