anode and cats for Gen I

DJ'sviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would these be beneficial to buy off ebay?:dunno:

:smirk: Anode Radiator Cap - All Dodge Vipers and SRT-10 Rams $22.95(0 bids)
$25.95 $8.95 May-06-08 11:25:15 PDT

How much modification for benefit of Horsepower? Would they be cooler then stock? My sills are blistering.
:drive: Dodge Viper Direct Replac. High Flow Cats, 1992-2002 $389.95(0 bids)
$409.95 $25.95 May-06-08 16:16:28 PDT

Also, at Walmart they had BOSCH platinum spark plugs 4308. I used a set of two ground electrode plugs on my Cuda and it made a big difference. They come with a $2.00 rebate. Is this a good plug for a Gen I?
Thanks

OP
OP
DJ'sviper

DJ'sviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw the previous post on the anode which answered all my questions. Still curious about the other two.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The anode radiator cap is good for about 50 horsepower.

Cats are much cheaper at your local pound than ebay. Plus, shipping a live animal is expensive.

OK. Sorry. I have the anode cap on my Gen 2 and believe in it. Others do not. Use the search term anode and probably get more than you can stand.

HF cats should help your car with heat and performance, plus they weigh less. There are many vendors to choose from, to pick your best deal. Use the Marketplace link above to look them up and start shopping.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave, maybe you can post some before and after pictures of the anode cap. The sacrificial portion does get smaller, doesn't it?

Where did it go?

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Those are ROE cats being sold by ROE. I didn't know he ever ebay'd anything. You should be able to get them cheaper directly from him, since he wouldn't have to pay Ebay fees, etc.

Roe Racing Performance Parts

And stick with the stock champion plugs.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave, maybe you can post some before and after pictures of the anode cap. The sacrificial portion does get smaller, doesn't it?

Where did it go?

I'm busy now doing side exhaust, but if you insist, I'll get your pics on the list.

And where does the anode go? Of course you know the only answer that satisfies you is depleting the anti-corrosives in the glycol.

So we'll just stick with the shiny photos and leave the debating alone, eh? You are very knowledgeable of automotive fluids, and I am very knowledgeable in electrochemistry. We must not let our streams cross.

Just the pictures, just the pictures...

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are ROE cats being sold by ROE. I didn't know he ever ebay'd anything. You should be able to get them cheaper directly from him, since he wouldn't have to pay Ebay fees, etc.

Roe Racing Performance Parts

And stick with the stock champion plugs.

Actually, I think Roe's starting bid prices are lower than his regular price. But the Buy It Now is the equivalent of retail.

Easy to check. Go to Roe Racing dot com.

And upgrade to the SRT plug.

OP
OP
DJ'sviper

DJ'sviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Do the champion plugs need to be gapped?

Good answer Dave. I just got cat from an elderly lady who passed on and it needed a home. Don't tempt me. Went on my carpet.

OP
OP
DJ'sviper

DJ'sviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went to roe racing and they had them for retail at 899.00. On ebay they were buy it now for 409.00. Seems like a good deal. I noticed someone having problems with theirs in a nearby thread.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Do the champion plugs need to be gapped?

Good answer Dave. I just got cat from an elderly lady who passed on and it needed a home. Don't tempt me. Went on my carpet.

I went to roe racing and they had them for retail at 899.00. On ebay they were buy it now for 409.00. Seems like a good deal. I noticed someone having problems with theirs in a nearby thread.

You will need to gap the plugs. I just put in some new Champions this weekend, the SRT plugs, and they were all off.

The $899.00 kit you saw must have been a whole system. Cats never cost that much alone.

Speaking of cats, I've got some great recipes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala