Another dumb Dodge dealer

Doc.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, Get this. Last week I go by the local 5 star Dodge dealer(United Auto Dodge in Shreveport, LA.)and pay cash for a new Dodge Ram 1500. They treat me pretty good so I stop by there and set up an appointment to take the Viper in for the following work:new clutch, change all fluids and check the alignment. I tell the service rep that I have alredy purchased a clutch so they do not have to order one, no problems at this point. I take the car in this am and drop it off and they ask me if I have the clutch. I tell them no, but that Sean Roe sent it out overnight(lightwight flywheel and full Luk clutch replacement kit), and that I will bring it in when Fed Ex runs. Still no problem. Clutch comes in and I deliver it as promised. Still no problem. Then I get a call this afternoon stating that they cannot install the clutch because I didn't buy it from them. First they say that they can't warranty the part because I purchased it elsewhere. I tell them that It is an origional equiptment clutch(Luk) and that they never warranty clutches anyway. Even my brand new truck does not have a warranty on the clutch. I. tell them I am not expecting a warranty I just want the work done and i'll pay for it I also tell them that if they don't want to work on my Viper they will not work on my truck either and that I've spent my last dollar with them. All of the service reps wanted to do the work but the service manager refused to let it be done. I told them I felt like they were just trying to get more money out of me by making me buy my parts there. I also told them that I would post this for all Viper owners to see and I went and picked my GTS up without any work done. Any recommendations on getting my clutch replaced? Am I the only one who thinks that the :mad: service manager is an idiot? Sorry to be so long winded but I'm a little more than pissed of.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess they gave you a runaround, telling you they would do the job with your parts and then backing out of it.
I wouldn't expect a dealer to do that job with your parts though. Even a small mechanics shop usually want's to make money, not only on labor but also on the parts markup.

ninjaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with you. This is a typical example of poor judgement resulting in complete customer frustration and total lack of satisfaction-- The hallmark of your average Dodge dealer. If you review this website with any frequency, it becomes apparent that service accorded Dodge customers is slipshod at best. This is a problem that the corporate leaders really need to address. God only knows the problems that owners of neons, caravans,etc. encounter if they are accorded the same level of concern that Viper owners are exposed to. You would think that an owner of a Viper would receive superlative treatment;sadly, such is not the case in most instances. You should find another dealer.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a semi-free country. They have their policy, you have yours. They aren't the only mechanic in Shreveport.

You've already spent money with them. I would have done the job and just asked you to buy parts from them in the future and slide you a discount for doing so.

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My suggestion is to call a reputable transmission shop and ask them if they are willing to do it. Explain that you are suppling aftermarket performance parts. That you would like an estimate but just need a ballpark figure. I had a good experience with a local shop on a Viper tranny rebuild.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you ever speak with the service manager and not just the reps ? I would be hunting the dealer principle or owner down also....especially after just purchasing the truck.

OP
OP
D

Doc.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys. 1Tony1, No I didn't speak to the service manager. The service rep said that he would call me before I went to pick the car up but he never did. I don't want my car worked on at a shop where it is only being done because I somehow strong rmed the service manager to do it. What makes me angry is that there was plenty of opportunity for them to tell me that they don't install parts not bought there. Instead they try to give me some song and dance about warranty issues that don't exist. Even the service reps could not believe the call made by the service manager. We never even discussed a price, I just told them to do what needed to be done and I'd pay for it. If they thought they needed more profit on the job they could have just charged me for it and It would not have been a big deal. I did not order the kit from Sean Roe to save money I ordered it to facilitate getting my car back sooner since there is a Viper event this weekend I want to go to. If they have so much business that they don't need my money I'll just find someone else who appreciates my business. I guess customer service is a thing of the past and I'll just have to get used to it. Maybe I'll just buy that new lift I've been lusting over for the last six months and do it myself.

viper spray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drive over to Austin ,and leave it at Maxwell dodge , those guys really take care of Viper owners. They go to the extreme to make you happy.

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your bad situation.

Just so you know, clutches are a warranty item (I think it's 12 months or 12,000). I've had one replaced in my prevoius viper under warranty.

I tell them that It is an origional equiptment clutch(Luk) and that they never warranty clutches anyway.

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, drive to my shop in Atlanta, I'll install it. I'm saving up for the gen one supercharger, I need the money! John (a member of the fast yellow viper club)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte