Another "Gen 1.5" lesson learned...

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
As the title states, yesterday I was "schooled" on yet another slight parts variation on a 1996 R/T 10.This was to be the last of of our Gen I & II Vipers to receive the P/S bracket upgrade (Gen I's come with a metal pulley) or bracket and pulley upgrade (Gen II's have a plastic pulley). So, with billet bracket in hand, 96 R/T and Tom Sessions were "introduced". First question from Tom..."where's the new pulley?" Obviously, I did not know that the "Gen 1.5" 1996 R/T 10 motor came with a plastic Gen II P/S pulley!!!I called JonB @ PartsRack last evening @ 5:05 PM EDT...and the billet bracket & pulley set that I ordered was at my front door @ 7:55 AM EDT today!!!ALWAYS check with the experts on 1996 anything!!Thanks for saving my Asp (AGAIN) JonB !!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As the title states, yesterday I was "schooled" on yet another slight parts variation on a 1996 R/T 10.This was to be the last of of our Gen I & II Vipers to receive the P/S bracket upgrade (Gen I's come with a metal pulley) or bracket and pulley upgrade (Gen II's have a plastic pulley). So, with billet bracket in hand, 96 R/T and Tom Sessions were "introduced". First question from Tom..."where's the new pulley?" Obviously, I did not know that the "Gen 1.5" 1996 R/T 10 motor came with a plastic Gen II P/S pulley!!!I called JonB @ PartsRack last evening @ 5:05 PM EDT...and the billet bracket & pulley set that I ordered was at my front door @ 7:55 AM EDT today!!!ALWAYS check with the experts on 1996 anything!!Thanks for saving my Asp (AGAIN) JonB !!

I ordered my bracket and pulley from Big Brake Dave. A day or 2 after it arrived, Dave calls me and says something like "I just noticed you have a 96' RT, I suffer from CRS (can't remember $h!t) and not sure if you need the pulley or not. Go stick a magnet on yours and if it sticks, send me the pulley back and I'll refund the price on your CC". Thats how I knew for sure I needed the bracket and pulley.

But yes, the guessing game of 96' RT/10 parts can be a pain in the butt!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude