Another GTSR for sale...

axe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure why it's being described as #66 when it's clearly GT2 #33. I owned this car for several months in 2003.

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car is on consignment so I don't set the prices but do help the sellers and post asking price, you are right I also had #66 car for sale. Axe is correct the car is number #33. I will change the add.Axe do you have the original window sticker for this car.

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
#33 was available for under 100K a few months ago.

The $117K price is where they started back in July 05 and because of the high miles on the car and the fact that the owner would not even start the car for a Viper Tech who I sent to his warehouse...well, something funny there.

Max on this car, $89K

-J

DSC_0130.jpg

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
seems like there are 4 or 5 of these for sale right now. I wonder if current owners are looking at the '08 car or just coincidentally getting out of this one...?

Les Quam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very cordial and professional reply by Mr. Katz. After being asked what he was smoking regarding the price he could have been a smart aleck in return but patiently responded. As always the car is worth whatever a willing buyer and seller can agree on. The owner of the car seems to be unrealistic and may in fact be smoking something? I was wondering why all the different websights under Mr. Katz's name all lead to the same sight? Is that to maximize viewership and if so how effective has it been?

By the way as a car collector I truly think Vipers are undervalued and within a few years their value will begin to appreciate. Just my two cents. A lot of shrewd collectors out there starting to buy as many low mile Vipers as they have room for.

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A truer sentence has not been spoken.

Watch the Gen 1's and gen'2s! Once in a lifetime type car.

By the way as a car collector I truly think Vipers are undervalued and within a few years their value will begin to appreciate. Just my two cents. A lot of shrewd collectors out there starting to buy as many low mile Vipers as they have room for.

Vypr GT2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<<there smokin crack at that 117k price. >>
Apparently the crack pipe has been put away- the price is now $107K per link on the Alley. 17000+ is fairly high mileage, but according to Bernie the car has the all-important autographed pictures, the special car cover and other documentation.

Gotta agree, looks like Bernie has some great cars. Prices listed on the ads is indeed very much appreciated and the best way to do business!

axe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car is on consignment so I don't set the prices but do help the sellers and post asking price, you are right I also had #66 car for sale. Axe is correct the car is number #33. I will change the add.Axe do you have the original window sticker for this car.

i'll look around but i don't think so. i also never had the camera with assembly line photos.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the #33 car was owned by a San Fran resident, he sold it for $72K to Marv Rose a few years ago, either Marv or the orig owner have the collectible stuff for this car if anyone wants to chase it down here is the orig owners contact info

<[email protected]> wrote:
Steve,
I sold it to Marv Rose the Viper broker in Fresno, I think it was for 71500.

axe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the #33 car was owned by a San Fran resident, he sold it for $72K to Marv Rose a few years ago, either Marv or the orig owner have the collectible stuff for this car if anyone wants to chase it down here is the orig owners contact info

<[email protected]> wrote:
Steve,
I sold it to Marv Rose the Viper broker in Fresno, I think it was for 71500.

hey steve,

yeah, that's me. i passed what collectible stuff i had to marv with the car. don't think i ever had the window sticker (still looking) or the assembly line pics though. there were 2 owners before me, not sure how many after.

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only think that the car is missing is the window sticker.Please e-mail me with as much information on the car as you might possibily have.Mr.Quam the reasoning behind the web addresses under my signature I am in the process of building another part of the business which will be performance oriented. I bought out my partner in October of last year moved into a new building and began the consignment peice of the business which has taken off very well. I have also just renovated a 1935 Cheverlot Dealership and will use this for sales and performance. As a former Viper owner and now still as a viper owner with 16 cars I wanted to do all of the work on my cars in house. So I have partnered with a gentleman highly respected in the automtive world in the www.route6motorsports.com (coming soon),business who will be an key player with the maintenenace of Mopar products especially the Vipers. Hope that clarify's any questions on the domain names.vipershowroom & dodgevipersowroom is to help atttract people through the search engine optimizations. We have also started a new blog in which I will post customer testimonials.

Les Quam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most of my collection consist of muscle cars and I get a lot of grief about my affection for Vipers. But if you put the Vipers especially the Gen 1 and 2 cars in a historical perspective I think they are iconic. The first year was 1992 created by a car company teetering on the edge of ruin and this company decides to reinvent the Cobra and build a car with a 488 cubic inch big block straight from the 1960s no windows or door handles and no A/C. Talk about a gamble? This thing could have fallen on it's face or they could have quit building the thing after two years like Ford did with the Ford GT. Instead they stick with it, then improve it each year. More amazing they actually listen to the owners as time goes by and make changes based on actual owner opinions as opposed to focus groups. However they stay true to it's heritage and intent never wavering in the face of critiscm from the media.

They then follow this up with a coupe design that many believe is an instant classic and timeless as they roll off the assembly line. They follow up with unprecedented amazing factory sponsored lavish get togethers and build even smaller volume limited edition special editions for their cistomer base.

They continue to build in small volume each year by hand this car and improve on it year after year. Many people forget it's a handbuilt American big block monster that the factory all these years later refuses to compromise on it's heritage and now are building a 600HP big block with NO driver aids and they tell their critics the driver aids are connected to your ankles and force buyers to raise their driver skills to the level of the car.

From a collector point of view the cars were built in such small volume that quite likely few if any reprodction parts will be built for future generations to repair and restore. The whole story of this car would border on fantasy in todays world if we didn't actually live through this period. As we approach the necessity of drasticlly reducing or automotive carbon dioxide levels to reduce global warming we can only speculate on whether or not this unprecedented car will continue to be built?

IMHO the entire Viper story just continues to amaze me. Dodge really never gets the credit they deserve for building the car, creating a comp coupe to race in the Viper racing league and the reunions and commitment to their loyal Viper owners.

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
well said Les. It's only a matter of time for these cars to again be truly appreciated. Once the market of other high HP cars slows down and we get back to the true car enthusiasts, the values will improve.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like its always the same people who comment about values of certain Vipers. So I ask, how do you know? Are you dealers, do you see auction results?? Are you in the market for this car?? Or do you just browse Ebay....

$117k is a good deal for this car, compared to what some of these people paid at Barrett-Jackson for certain vehicles.

Bottom line, can you find a GTSR for less than $117k TODAY??? not last week, not last month, today, right now?? I just did a search on autotrader. 2 cars came up, this one, and another one for $135k? So how is he on crack at $117k?

Let the market determine itself. Sometimes, You guys are your own worst enemies. We are all Viper owners correct???

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe calling it a final edition would make it a 1 of 1 in that color, and therefore make it worth that astronomical asking price...

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like its always the same people who comment about values of certain Vipers. So I ask, how do you know? Are you dealers, do you see auction results?? Are you in the market for this car?? Or do you just browse Ebay....

$117k is a good deal for this car, compared to what some of these people paid at Barrett-Jackson for certain vehicles.

Bottom line, can you find a GTSR for less than $117k TODAY??? not last week, not last month, today, right now?? I just did a search on autotrader. 2 cars came up, this one, and another one for $135k? So how is he on crack at $117k?

Let the market determine itself. Sometimes, You guys are your own worst enemies. We are all Viper owners correct???

So what are you basing your opinion that this price is appropriate? Barret Jackson?! BJ is completely unrealistic and mostly for the rich that want to show of the power of their money, not buy a muscle car to actually appreciate. Who pays over six figures for a Mopar clone? The people at BJ :bonker:

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The one that was on ebay just sold for $90,000.00. I was watching the auction and didn't think anyone was going to bid on it, but someone put a bid in near the end. Only time will tell if they got a good deal or not.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
$117k isn't obscene - the right buyer at the right time
might pay it.

If I had a $100k burning a hole in my pocket I would at
the least stop by the showroom and check it out.

Alas I'm $99,400.00 short of that right now, but
theoretically speaking.....

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The one that was on ebay just sold for $90,000.00. I was watching the auction and didn't think anyone was going to bid on it, but someone put a bid in near the end. Only time will tell if they got a good deal or not.

I did not think this was a real auction. i wrote the seller several times only to receive no replys, this is why i did not bid. I couldn't see bidding & then asking questions later.

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I commonly brouse ebay: for one to see prices, but also just to see what people have done with thier Vipers. I found my Viper on Ebay, but waited for the auction to end (didn't sell) to call the dealer and purchased the car the old fashioned way. The above mentioned comment about this GTS-R selling for $90k, but possibly not REALLY SELLING is why I've always refused to get involved w/ bidding.

p.s. if it DID sell for $90k with 8,000 miles I'd have to say that would be a GREAT deal... ?

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do any of you who have owned the car have any of the original documentation on the car? :) The owner has asked me to help him try and locate the following:

(1) 3 each water color photos
(2) pictures of Justin Bell with pit crew captain
(3) disposable camera, these cameras came with three empty shots for the owner to have their photo on delivery with the builders of the car
(4) Glossy picture of Justin Bell (signed)
(5) he has the numbered car cover
(6) picture of the car at the factory with the cover on the car
(7) Original Window Sticker :hitfan: (I know this would be an asset regardless of what he wants for the car he would like to have this so if the car does not sell he can put it with the car.

I really would appreciate any help, I have e-mailed the original owner with no response and I will call Marv Rose but would imagine that this is sitting in someone's office in a file. Thanks for any help that is available.

You must be registered for see images