another one bites the dust..

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
unfortunately my lovely SRT was t-boned on the passenger side in a low speed shunt… :smirk: back in May on the way to a club meet, the viper sustained some pretty major and very expensive damage that totted up to a huge sum that made it beyond economical sense to the insurance company to cover the repair cost, so was paid off last week

The car was stripped down to show the full extent of the damage and the assessor priced up the parts at Chrysler UK, which included the passenger door and glass $6K, both front and rear wings $7.5k per piece, the side fender $7K, the magnesium bulkhead which the dash is attached to had cracked, new front screen and a screen surround, but worst of all a dink in the chassis $28K it also had a dent in the floor pan.

During the accident the passenger door had pushed onto the interior plastics and had also caused some damage there, visually travelling as far as the stereo. Luckily no passenger on this trip !

The guy got upto $80K in parts alone and was still going so he called it a day.
Its now classed as a Cat C here, though expensive to repair with new parts it can be rebuilt and put back on the road, the SRT is now up on a traders/insurance auction which ends tomorrow, so someone will either strip it down for parts or I think more likely rebuild it using 2nd hand parts

still pretty miffed even now as I know that car was a good ‘un ! :mad:
and had spent a few bucks getting it upto scratch, its practically impossible to replace over here espicially with the US dollar exchange rate being naff for us

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad you weren't hurt.

More sad news though... Not easy to see. I hate it when we loose a car.

I hope you find a way to get back in one soon.

Tiago

Viper Owner
Reaction score
*****, they should replace the car, no matter what the cost... afterall thats what you had before the accident.

OP
OP
N

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes i was fine thanks, just got covered in glass when the side window exploded all over the interior, it actually happened in a car park i had just entered and travelled about fifty feet into it ! when the other car came ran through its junction without even braking and ploughed straight into the side of the SRT

i had my viperclub mates infront and behind in a slow moving convoy and we were all in first gear just trickling along

the SRT coupe is a pretty rare beast over, we only know of x3 others in the UK, and Plum this was another of Chucks cars

Last edited:

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a bummer :crazy2:

Feel sad for you, Neil. Hope you can get another one soon!

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate seeing those pics:mad:.... Even more so when its a good mates Viper......
First SRT i ever drove.... Neil put a lot into that car to make it PERFECT!!!!!!! He even stole my rims:omg:!!!

Sorry Mate..

I Agree that the Viper should be replaced because it was a no fault claim.... Third party damaged it so he should replace it..........

Last edited:

hybrid1098

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank god it was low speed and not high speed. Bummber about the vehicle but try to take the parts you had added to the car if you can. It is difficult to get vehicles over there but you got it there once so it is possible.

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad you're ok but very sad. That looks like a 2006 First Edition Coupe. There were only 200 of them and they still rate as one of the best looking Vipers ever.

OP
OP
N

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The SRT wasnt a first edition, but a much rarer non-striped blue (when it left the factory) At the time a striped blue couldnt be found for sensible money so Chuck Tator sourced a new car and sprayed the stripes, before it left for the UK

LHD was great on this occassion !

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
That blows. Hope you get back into another Viper soon. Glad you are okay.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Glad you're good and although the car looks pretty good, I see the roof is broken and the entire car structure is bent. unfortunate.

Good luck in replacing it.

The atitude I used when my 98 GTS was wrecked (and when I divorced) was to replace with better than I had before. I went from 600rwhp to 720rwhp. 51" TV to 56" etc. Best of luck to you Neil.

Ted

RevLimit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Am sorry to hear about your accident. I hope you are able one day to get another nice ride like that.

Wow.. hard to believe thats over 80k + in damages. These cars are not cheap to fix.

OP
OP
N

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
most of the charges are due to the greedynees of Chrysler UK and our government with import taxes, the parts would be easily -50% cheaper in the US

V

Venomiss

Wow I missed this before. Sorry to hear about your viper.

We know of one Black/White stripe GTS that went to England in the springtime from KC.

Don't know if it stayed there or not.

Good luck getting another one-maybe come to VOI and shop for a new replacement.
Buy it in the states to drive at the event and ship it home after?

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really *****! I hope you come out ok anyway,but i know how you must feel. I wouldn't know what to do if ever mine was totalled like that. Sad to see another one bite the dust :(

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte