Another Record for the ACR - Miller Motorsports Park

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They made that car in '09, in fact they made 24 of them.
Since the only way to tell them apart is the aero cuts in the wing endplates, I think they got the year wrong.
This car doesn't have a '10 wing.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
. I don't think they made the white ACR in 09 did they?

They did make some but not a lot, there was an issue with the white paint in 09 so not a lot got produced. I had a friend wait 6 months on a car like the one in the video but finally cancelled his order.

Matt162

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Even though i don't own an ACR, this definitely makes me proud to own a viper!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The rear wing is an 09 wing. Bruce

I am embarassed to say I did NOT note the wing wicker bill or endplates.... and I therefore ASSumed that the "Production Car" was a 2010! .... but in this case:

THE YEAR DOES NOT MATTER!!! The news remains the same, Team Viper still broke, re-broke, and set a new production track record, apparently with the less-competitive aero and trans of a '09 production Viper !?! What if it was a 2010 Mule with 09 wing? Either way, they KICKED THEIR ASPS !

WHAT A COMPANY!

Owning an '09, and having driven MMSP [as so many of us have done at VOI,] I may need to make up a new record decal.... [and I edited my prior posts to say "Gen 4"]

Way To Go Team SRT and Kuno......

note to Mark: I dunno if Scott P could do better, without a LOT of Viper seat time.

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Great to see the Snake kick butt at one of the best tracks in the US!!! Kuno definitely knows how to wheel a Viper anywhere and 3 seconds over the ZR1 really solidifies the magic inherent to the ACRs DNA.

Nice to drive on the road knowing you have the " King of the Tracks!"

Concerning the color, not sure about the statement that they were all done at the end of the production year, as we did a bunch of white ACRs and they were primarily done at the first of production. Build shows it was a popular color, and in our experience they popped out fairly consistently throughout 2009.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They accidentally uploaded the video as an "ACR-X" yesterday instead of the ACR and corrected the mistake last night...

YouTube - Kuno Wittmer Record Dodge Viper ACR Lap

I sure hope that when we get closer to the new Viper's launch and "leaked" photos that eventually do surface...

snowy.jpg

"The long, cold and snowy winter presented a perfect environment for the ultimate American-built sports car and icon of Dodge's performance car lineup to prepare for its imminent return. Using a 2010 chassis as a test subject, SRT engineers expanded the development scope for the next generation Dodge Viper to include stability control tuning. The development comes just in time for the next "Super Car Olympics," sure to take place late in 2012 when the all-new performance icon returns." SOURCE: Chrysler Group LLC

:2tu:

Last edited:

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear Chris,

I get prompted for a username and password to view the photo above. I'm not worried, I've already seen the 2013 Viper in person....so a teaser photo just won't match whats etched in my head.

Regards,
Aaron

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice...:D seeing the Snake run wild at Miller!! Great "Promo" to kick off next months season opener of the VRL Race on Versus!!:2tu: Catch them if you can..

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE, INC.
Toddy

=DISTRIBUTORS OF POWER= :usa:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I identified that particular ACR this afternoon when two memory blips kicked in. I believe that same car was there a couple of months back also when a group of Viper Nuts came together... must have been some kind of convention type of gathering :)... and unless I am mistaken this same car also recently appeared in the Megafactories episode on National Geographic.

You must be registered for see images attach

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I congratulate Dodge for their achievements and would be even better if they would take this car to the Ring with a driver spending a little more time to familiarize with the track there.

The ACR driver, Tom Sargent, could not be more familiar with the 'Ring than he already is. He was hired because he is one of the handful of fast guys that can drive anything fast there.

What I think you mean is the driver getting more time with the ACR there, to get used to the car, have the'10 gear ratios and put in more laps so one of the laps would be even faster.

As the car isn't produced anymore, all we can do is wait until the Gen 5 ACR come out and crush the old time.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I thought Tom Coronel did the 7:22 on the Ring. He races in DTM, iirc, and has loads of seat time there. How about trying Andreas Gulden, or Sabine Schmit?

edit- That's funny, I went from "Venom" to "VCA Member", to "Enthusiast" a few days ago, to "VCA Member South Florida"! Funny.......speshully since I live in Orange County, California.

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The ACR driver, Tom Sargent, could not be more familiar with the 'Ring than he already is.

What I think you mean is the driver getting more time with the ACR there, to get used to the car,

Couldn't' someone have disabled the rev limiter at the time or it would have disqualified the run? I'm sure it could have saved a second or two off from the final time.:eater:

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It ain't stock if they did that.

How would you feel if they adjusted the boost upward on the ZR1 to beat the record?

Last edited:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The ACR driver, Tom Sargent, could not be more familiar with the 'Ring than he already is. He was hired because he is one of the handful of fast guys that can drive anything fast there..........

OOps on the name. :)

His name is Tom Coronel, an etomological drift to Colonel and then demotion to Sergeant and then to Sargent I guess!

As far as raising the rev limiter? He hit it almost every shift, soI believe SRT when they said it was an OE stock PCM. The Mopar Stage One PCM was not on the car.... and was only in testing then.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Etymological

Niiice!

You made me use the dictionary.......

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon, you're picking on me. Careful or I'll tell the story about you, your Doctor and a Dodge Ram sticker. :)

And yes, I'm in awe of your vocabulary use. And ashamed of my memory slip on the driver's name.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, new in-car video just posted at ViperHeadquarters.com:

Viper Headquarters Web Site

Not only does it show a 2009 ACR (end plates anyway), but it isn't even a ******** package! Notice the radio in the car. So we are talking a car without the improved aero, without the improved transmission ratios (big deal especially on long straights), and not even with the most aggressive factory track option ordered - the ******** package (lighter car). Amazing!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDQIpkmuvCI[/media]

Oh yeah, and that same (2009) car has the track record at the Top Gear USA track as well...

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not seeing anywhere where he needed fifth gear on that lap?

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great video! What was with the double downshift at the 3:03 mark?? Looked like he grabbed 4th instead of 2nd.