antifreeze

Rockwell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need to change my antifreeze soon (99 GTS and 69 Charger R/T)and would like advice on what to use - the MOPAR green or the new MOPAR orange long life (GLYSANTIN G05), or maybe even DEXCOOL? Viper came with green in it. Are the new ones coming with the orange? One website (http://www.imcool.com/articles/anitfreeze-coolant/G05-Glysantin.htm) says Daimler Chrysler is now recommending GLYSANTIN G05 worldwide, and that Valvoline makes it under their ZEREX brand. It also says DC has not recommended DEXCOOL.

Neal

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">I switched over to Dex-Cool and am happy with it. Requires a good flushing though to completely eliminate the green stuff.

In doing a bit of research it appears that Glysantin is slightly better at protecting against aluminum corrosion, at the slight expense of water pump life. Given the quantity of aluminum in a Viper engine, I'd opt for Glysantin once it's readily available.</FONT f>

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Where is TOM, FO&LGoR ?

Fellow owners, whatever you choose, don't forget this: Especially "vintage" 1992-1997 Vipers !

Once hoses get 5+ years old, I carry a FULL set of replacement hoses on long trips in my car. Having driven in "downloaded coolant" a few times, it is a treacherous experience I hope NEVER to repeat! (I Even won a 'hard-luck award' at one race event, and bought beer for the cornerworkers who cleaned up after me!) I loaned a hose to a Viper on the way to Indy!

If you're flushing coolant anyway, you'ld be wise to simultaneously consider new hoses as preventative maintenance after 4-5 years!

(Of course, I hope you order 'em from PartsRack !)

OP
OP
R

Rockwell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've just received a reply from Valvoline/ZEREX that says in part "(GLYSANTIN)G-05 is a formulation number for an antifreeze we produce for foreign car manufacturers, we do not sell it commercially, so the only place you can buy it is at a dealership, like Mercedes." I'm assuming that the new MOPAR orange antifreeze is the same stuff, but need to confirm that.

2001 owners - what color coolant came in your cars?

Neal

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96