Any 2008 quarter mile times

2snakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone ran there 08 down the 1320 ??? What times ?? Stock tires or drag radials ?? Thanks for the replies..:drive:

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
11.45 at 127 Mph (stock everything including tires )

MKB96Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Before the headers and exhaust:

60' = 1.733
330' = 4.782
1/8 = 7.256 at 99.80mph
1000' = 9.362
1/4 = 11.136 at 127.45mph!!

Back up run:
60' = 1.678
330' = 4.756
1/8 = 7.245 at 99.10mph
1000' = 9.368
1/4 = 11.158 at 126.15mph

08 Convertible with 3.33 Unitrax gears, Quaife rear, and A6 Hoosiers.
Everything else down to the paper filters is still bone stock. I believe these cars should have come with the 3.33 gears but oh well. Track officials told me I needed a roll bar(on order), five point harness, fire jacket, and helmet. At least I had the jacket and helmet. They allowed us to continue to run but I don't dare go back without the bar and harness.

Mods now are:
Belanger Headers, H/F cats, and exhaust.
K&N Filter
3.33 Unitrax gears and Quaife rear with H/D axles.
Roll bar and five point harness.
Ran with Hoosiers A6 slicks.

Run was made 4/16 at Orlando Speedworld test and tune.
60' - 1.689
1/8 - 7.072 @ 102.99
1/4 - 10.863 @ 128.29

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think Evans time is that impressive, I think the 08's should be running teens in hot weather and High 10's in cold weather with a good leave of course. I have been able to turn some ets not far off those in my bone stock GTS 11.59 at 123 and several 11.6 runs the same day, and when my ACR gets here from Woodhouse I believe I am going to put that car in the 10's bone stock.

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jamie what conditions did you run those numbers? I know the driver is the key to getting the best numbers, but the day and track prep play a huge roll. A cool day at or below sea level will a net much better times,

MKB96Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jamie,
Given the right conditions, good track prep, good barometer, Good temperature, and excellent driving these cars are capable of high 10's. Its going to take everything falling into place perfecly and probably a good bit of practice. However, I live in Florida, rarely get good barometer or temps and the track prep usually questionable. Due to these challenges I chose not to beat on the car in order to put it in the 10's. I ran it last week in Orlando, high humidity, 80 degree weather with the stock tires still on it and ran 11.1's back to back. Good luck with your new toy!

I meant to answer the tire question. The more practice I get the more I think the stock tires are capable of putting the car in the tens.
If you really heat them up and reduce the pressure they are performing better. The launch is still tricky. This car has so much torque that if they begin to spin you are shot. If you can find that fine line on the edge by walking out the clutch they do well. Best 60' with the stock tires so far has been in the 1.8's. More practice might get better but I'm not sure. No matter what, its FUN!!

Keith

Last edited:

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Jamie,its Joe.(it was my car he ran yesterday).The track at Englishtown was not prepped yesterday at all (no VHT ,slick from the Nats ).Because the car only had 200 miles on it he only made 2 runs.)He got the 11.4 with a 2.0 sixty foot time.If he played around with it yesterday he probably could have turned the 11.3 but i really didnt want to screw around given how new the car (clutch) ect was.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS horsepower robbing weather aside it still trapped at 127mph which given the conditions i at least thought was good As a reference point he had a bunch of new mustangs (i will not say what kind because i dont want to scoop the magazine test )that we approx 3-4 mph short (trap speeds )of what he normally runs with them

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think Evans time is that impressive, I think the 08's should be running teens in hot weather and High 10's in cold weather with a good leave of course. I have been able to turn some ets not far off those in my bone stock GTS 11.59 at 123 and several 11.6 runs the same day, and when my ACR gets here from Woodhouse I believe I am going to put that car in the 10's bone stock.

Keep this up and you might be added to my christmas list. :D

Last edited:

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crazy question but at this point in time what is the best et on a totally stock 08 on Pilots

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS 10s on Pilots with a totally stock car is going to be very tough.To put it in perspective my old Gen2 Gts on engine alone made 570 to the tire on Pilots its best run ever was 11.2 at 132 with a 1.67 sixty foot time.Alot of great drivers (Evan Snith ,Darren Buhler ,Ken Miele )who hold numerious NHRA records tried hundreds of times over the years at Englishtown (which is supposes to be a very fast track )to no avail.The mph was there traction was not.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yesterday Smith was riding the clutch out at 3000.(Totally different way that he used to launch my modded 96.The 96 with 3.45 gears has more power down low but less up top then the Gen4)With a great driver(hitting the powerband right on) and good air ect your probably going to be around 1.7s or better 60 foot times on stock pilots to get into the 10s at 600 flywheel horsepower.On the 11.4 yest he had a 1.97 sixty foot time which for him at least is not too good.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yesterday only Evan drove the car and made 2 runs .On the best of the 2 (the 11.4)the 60 foot was 1.97.Englishtown just came off their biggest event of the year and the track was not prepped as well as it normally is for a mag test.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jamie what conditions did you run those numbers? I know the driver is the key to getting the best numbers, but the day and track prep play a huge roll. A cool day at or below sea level will a net much better times,

The first time I ran a Viper was at a Viper club track rental a few years ago in the summer, many members on this board were there and I really don't remember anything special? Kenric, George Farris was actually there that day I ran 11.60 on the stock tires and he watched me bolt on drag radials and run 11.41 and the car was bone stock other than the tires and had only 200 miles on it. I have run and seen many stock GTS's run 11.6 and 11.7 at 121 to 123 mph has been common place in my experiences with the Gts at many different track days with several different GTS's, though all were stock on stock tires. The day I ran 11.59 on the stock tires was just a good leave 1.72 60' on a 80 degree day.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Jamie,its Joe.(it was my car he ran yesterday).The track at Englishtown was not prepped yesterday at all (no VHT ,slick from the Nats ).Because the car only had 200 miles on it he only made 2 runs.)He got the 11.4 with a 2.0 sixty foot time.If he played around with it yesterday he probably could have turned the 11.3 but i really didnt want to screw around given how new the car (clutch) ect was.

Hey Joe! I didn't think 11.4 was a bad run just not what I think that car is capable of, since he only got 2 passes and you say the track was not prepped I guess thats not to bad all things considered. Even though I haven't driven an 08 yet I know what they are capable of and I am really anxious to see someone put up a really stout number like an 11.0 or 10 second pass and until I see it I can't get that excited. When the weather starts cooling off I expect you will start seeing some good drivers turning those numbers. I think its even possible on a warm day if the track is prepped really good. To get into the 10's in the heat you will probably need a 1.7 60'. When the weather gets cool its going to be much easier.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS 10s on Pilots with a totally stock car is going to be very tough.To put it in perspective my old Gen2 Gts on engine alone made 570 to the tire on Pilots its best run ever was 11.2 at 132 with a 1.67 sixty foot time.Alot of great drivers (Evan Snith ,Darren Buhler ,Ken Miele )who hold numerious NHRA records tried hundreds of times over the years at Englishtown (which is supposes to be a very fast track )to no avail.The mph was there traction was not.

Joe you must remember watching me run my S/C GTS turning high 10's at 131, 132 mph runs with my 19" Hre's wheels with PILOT tires at Englishtown at the Viper Nationals in 95 degree heat 2 years in a row! Jason dynoed the car at 560 rwhp the day before we drove up, so it can be done with the right driver :D

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jamie over the years i have seen alot of Vipers go down the quarter mile and i have to admit you and Evan are definately the best two that i have seen.If and when its done (a 10 second pass in a totally stock car on stock pilots )my money is on either one of you to do it first.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe you must remember watching me run my S/C GTS turning high 10's at 131, 132 mph runs with my 19" Hre's wheels with PILOT tires at Englishtown at the Viper Nationals in 95 degree heat 2 years in a row! Jason dynoed the car at 560 rwhp the day before we drove up, so it can be done with the right driver :D
Remember it well you definately had numerious runs that day in the 10s on Pilots.

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe that the tall gearing is what is holding the Vipers back and making it more difficult to run a 10 second 1/4 mile, in stock form. I have not driven an '08 but my '06 is much weaker in the lower revs than my GTS.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe that the tall gearing is what is holding the Vipers back and making it more difficult to run a 10 second 1/4 mile, in stock form. I have not driven an '08 but my '06 is much weaker in the lower revs than my GTS.
Definately .In comparing the gen4 to my modded gen 2 with 3.45 gears they both make about the same power (the gen 2 has more torque esp down low )and with the 3.45 rear you walked it out of the whole.The gen4 needs to be reved alot more and the clutch slipped at the line.

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definately .In comparing the gen4 to my modded gen 2 with 3.45 gears they both make about the same power (the gen 2 has more torque esp down low )and with the 3.45 rear you walked it out of the whole.The gen4 needs to be reved alot more and the clutch slipped at the line.

What mods does your GTS have? At this moment both of my Vipers are stock. Like I said, the GTS has far more meat in the lower revs. The SRT feels like a family sedan up until about 3000 rpms, when it comes into the powerband. By comparison, the GTS feels more like the big block 454 in my vette, jumping out hard at low revs without any soft spots in the powerband and building up smoothly. Perhaps, the SRT has more peak power but I don't like how weak it feels on the way up to 3000rpm's or so. This problem is compounded by tall gearing.

Last edited:

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to beleive that a stock 08 with full Belanger exhaust plus 3.55 gears would be an easy 10 second car, perhaps without them but certainly with Sports Cups on the rear.