Any 2008 quarter mile times

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to beleive that a stock 08 with full Belanger exhaust plus 3.55 gears would be an easy 10 second car, perhaps without them but certainly with Sports Cups on the rear.
I think with the gears alone and a really good driver, it will dip into the 10's.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What mods does your GTS have? At this moment both of my Vipers are stock. Like I said, the GTS has far more meat in the lower revs. The SRT feels like a family sedan up until about 3000 rpms, when it comes into the powerband. By comparison, the GTS feels more like the big block 454 in my vette, jumping out hard at low revs without any soft spots in the powerband and building up smoothly. Perhaps, the SRT has more peak power but I don't like how weak it feels on the way up to 3000rpm's or so. This problem is compounded by tall gearing.[/QUOTE Crower]Rods , Manley pistons=blueprinted and balenced ,Mopar Street strip heads(flowed and ported ) cam, Tand D rockers, hand ported and extruded intake,70 mm throttle bodies,gears.Joe Houss now owns it.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like Jamie (Furman) said its all in the leave.Pop a 1.7 or better 60 foottime,hit your gears at the right shift points and stock or modded the 08 should be there.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like Jamie (Furman) said its all in the leave.Pop a 1.7 or better 60 foottime,hit your gears at the right shift points and stock or modded the 08 should be there.

I feel a 1.6 60ft will be no problem when I give it a try to obtain a high 10 sec run. The
conditions need to be right but it's not as hard as what Ive been reading here so far. My
goal now is not only to run a high 10 but to beat any time Jamie run's, that would just
add to it. :D

Good Luck Jamie on your run's. :2tu:

WANTED

MKB96Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jamie, WANTED, 1BADGTS:
You guys are making this out to be real difficult. :confused:

If a novel drag racer can cut an 11.54 @ 124.53 in Florida(Bradenton) the very first time out with a brand new(less than 400 miles) on the car then an experienced driver at MIR better be able to run a 10 second pass. The car was BONE STOCK all the way to the filters, stock PS2, and pump gas. It was my first time out with the car. Only got three runs but that was the best. It was hot and humid here in Florida. :omg:

I trust that you guys will definitely cut a 10 second pass and if not I'll be disappointed. I am shooting for a 9 second pass on nitrous but there are a few issues to be worked out. Good luck and make it happen! :D

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its just my opinion (formulated from alot of years competing with my GTs )but i really dont think you are going to see alot of novices putting bone stock 08s into the 10s.(no gears tires headers ect allowed ).Yes the Furmans ,Smiths ect will do it (now and then )but these guys are truely professionals,Look at it this way the 08s have been out how many months no one as of yet has been able to do it on a totally stock car.Dont get me wrong sooner or later it definately will happen but i dont think at the frequency your thinking.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS the other day Evan ran a high 11.4 -thats along way away from a 10 second pass on Pilots Look at the Z06 .Yes the 08 Viper is slightly quicker but for all the Z06s built and raced from 2006 down the quarter from what i understand all of two people have been able to run 10s bone stock (i believe one is Jamie,the other is a man named Ranger )

chimazo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, I'm pretty sure Furman is the ONLY one to put a stock Z06 into the 10's. He and 2 others have done it on DR's, as well.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jamie, WANTED, 1BADGTS:
You guys are making this out to be real difficult. :confused:

If a novel drag racer can cut an 11.54 @ 124.53 in Florida(Bradenton) the very first time out with a brand new(less than 400 miles) on the car then an experienced driver at MIR better be able to run a 10 second pass. The car was BONE STOCK all the way to the filters, stock PS2, and pump gas. It was my first time out with the car. Only got three runs but that was the best. It was hot and humid here in Florida. :omg:

I trust that you guys will definitely cut a 10 second pass and if not I'll be disappointed. I am shooting for a 9 second pass on nitrous but there are a few issues to be worked out. Good luck and make it happen! :D

Well I am from Florida and have raced at Moroso hundreds of times and still have a place in Jupiter and still go down there and race and in the summer time my car runs almost identical times within a tenth in Maryland and Florida so the track conditions and weather in the summer must be pretty similar. Also I am not a professional drag racer, actually have only been out 1 time in 08 in my Ford GT, and maybe you are cutting yourself short on your ability as the 11.54 time is pretty good for your first time out and looks to be not far behind Evans time, but thats .6 secs from a 10 and thats a long way. The first pass I made in my Z06 was 11.31 at 128 and it took me 3 trips and 20 passes to better it by a tenth. Like Joe said if 10's are so easy why hasn't anyone done it? the cars have been out for a while now and everyone is bolting on tires and exhaust and stuff and maybe 1 or 2 cars have cracked them. I have driven my own SRT and Joe Houss and both were very hard to launch nothing like a GTS and I expect that is the reason why 10's haven't been there yet.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel a 1.6 60ft will be no problem when I give it a try to obtain a high 10 sec run. The
conditions need to be right but it's not as hard as what Ive been reading here so far. My
goal now is not only to run a high 10 but to beat any time Jamie run's, that would just

WANTED

Thanks, but if you run a 1.6 in an 08 SRT with the stock rubber I am pretty sure you will be beating my runs. I think if you run a 1.6 short on stock tires you will run the best 60' anyone will.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

WANTED
A 1.6 on stock Pilots .If you can do that God Bless.To put that in perspective alot of guys running full blown Mickey Thompsons Slicks ,skinnys up front and drag shocks are running 1.5-1.4s 60 foot times.(and alot of time breaking half shafts ect )

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I am from Florida and have raced at Moroso hundreds of times and still have a place in Jupiter and still go down there and race and in the summer time my car runs almost identical times within a tenth in Maryland and Florida so the track conditions and weather in the summer must be pretty similar. Also I am not a professional drag racer, actually have only been out 1 time in 08 in my Ford GT, and maybe you are cutting yourself short on your ability as the 11.54 time is pretty good for your first time out and looks to be not far behind Evans time, but thats .6 secs from a 10 and thats a long way. The first pass I made in my Z06 was 11.31 at 128 and it took me 3 trips and 20 passes to better it by a tenth. Like Joe said if 10's are so easy why hasn't anyone done it? the cars have been out for a while now and everyone is bolting on tires and exhaust and stuff and maybe 1 or 2 cars have cracked them. I have driven my own SRT and Joe Houss and both were very hard to launch nothing like a GTS and I expect that is the reason why 10's haven't been there yet.
Jamie is 100% correct.Guys i can not count the times my GTS went down the track and ran 11.3-11.5 (hundreds )it was driven by some of the best out there and NEVER once ran 10s on Pilots.The car was strong it trapped at 132 mph.An 11.5 your first time out is great BUT you got to realize thats a long way from a 10 .

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A general drag racing rule is one tenth down low on the 60 foot 2 tenths up top =3 TENTHS OFF the ET.If My car ran 11.4 on running practically 2.0 SIXTY FOOT accordingly a 1.6 would put you approx mid 10s.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A general drag racing rule is one tenth down low on the 60 foot 2 tenths up top =3 TENTHS OFF the ET.If My car ran 11.4 on running practically 2.0 SIXTY FOOT accordingly a 1.6 would put you approx mid 10s.

BINGO , THATS MY POINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drive:

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are getting 1,6 sixty foot times on stock Pilots that definately is better than Evan Smith or Kenny Miele can get (between the both of them they hold 3 NHRA RECORDS and countless magazine records for production cars -the very Viper your driving is one of these cars.Smith was also John Colettis(the former head of SVT ) go to guy when he absolutely had to have the best et out of a production car on stock Pilots )Years ago Evan tested Dan Blacks supercharged (Doug Levin Stage 2 plus )gen 2 GTS .The car made 800 to the tire and all runs were done on Pilots .After many runs his best time was 10.69 at 142 mph (no way to hook that up not on stock Pilots )If you are able to get 1.6 sixty foot times ,inturn run mid 10s on a bone stock Gen 4 Viper you definately can outdrive anybody out there.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before the headers and exhaust:

60' = 1.733
330' = 4.782
1/8 = 7.256 at 99.80mph
1000' = 9.362
1/4 = 11.136 at 127.45mph!!

Back up run:
60' = 1.678
330' = 4.756
1/8 = 7.245 at 99.10mph
1000' = 9.368
1/4 = 11.158 at 126.15mph

08 Convertible with 3.33 Unitrax gears, Quaife rear, and A6 Hoosiers.
Everything else down to the paper filters is still bone stock. I believe these cars should have come with the 3.33 gears but oh well. Track officials told me I needed a roll bar(on order), five point harness, fire jacket, and helmet. At least I had the jacket and helmet. They allowed us to continue to run but I don't dare go back without the bar and harness.

Mods now are:
Belanger Headers, H/F cats, and exhaust.
K&N Filter
3.33 Unitrax gears and Quaife rear with H/D axles.
Roll bar and five point harness.
Ran with Hoosiers A6 slicks.

Run was made 4/16 at Orlando Speedworld test and tune.
60' - 1.689
1/8 - 7.072 @ 102.99
1/4 - 10.863 @ 128.29
This is my EXACT point the above 60 foot runs were obtained using HOOSIER DRAG RADIALS ON MODDED GEN4(and even so ran closer to a 1.7 60 foot than a 1.6) .Hoosiers grab and enable a car to launch much much better than the stock Pilots

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before the headers and exhaust:

60' = 1.733
330' = 4.782
1/8 = 7.256 at 99.80mph
1000' = 9.362
1/4 = 11.136 at 127.45mph!!

Back up run:
60' = 1.678
330' = 4.756
1/8 = 7.245 at 99.10mph
1000' = 9.368
1/4 = 11.158 at 126.15mph

08 Convertible with 3.33 Unitrax gears, Quaife rear, and A6 Hoosiers.
Everything else down to the paper filters is still bone stock. I believe these cars should have come with the 3.33 gears but oh well. Track officials told me I needed a roll bar(on order), five point harness, fire jacket, and helmet. At least I had the jacket and helmet. They allowed us to continue to run but I don't dare go back without the bar and harness.

Mods now are:
Belanger Headers, H/F cats, and exhaust.
K&N Filter
3.33 Unitrax gears and Quaife rear with H/D axles.
Roll bar and five point harness.
Ran with Hoosiers A6 slicks.

Run was made 4/16 at Orlando Speedworld test and tune.
60' - 1.689
1/8 - 7.072 @ 102.99
1/4 - 10.863 @ 128.29

Now thats *** I am talking about!:headbang: This kicks just about non forced induction- cars ass! Get em!:2tu:

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The mag guys have the track again next week sometime ,hopefully it will be prepped better and the weather will cooperate.