Any 6''3 Viper owners?

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm 6ft 4in 200#. I own a GTS but sat in an '06 SRT at a dealer. More leg room than my GTS, but I had to take my ball cap off for head space. I'm a 36" inseam on the Levi's front, so leg space is valuable. It had plenty.

Couldn't find anywhere to put my ball cap by the way...

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm 6'3'' in a 1'' heel.:rolaugh:

Bought my SRT/10 in NC and drove it back to FL with wife. No prob.:2tu:

I did install a 1'' lowering kit on the seat though.

HYPRVYPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm 6'3" and 265lbs. I have an '02 GTS and have had no problems at all except for doing a little bit of a limbo getting in and out. Once I'm in it's very comfortable - plenty of headroom and more than enough leg room. You can get a seat lowering kit if you like. I didn't need it. I'm so happy with it that I've got an '08 on order.

fluffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
6'3", 180lbs. 1" seat lowering kit installed and it's perfect. Pedals are a little bit close even at full extension but I have long legs so you may be better or worse.

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just about 6'4"/260.

I'm pretty comfortable since I installed the 1" seat lowering kit. Plenty of headroom and enough legroom.

I doubt I'd choose this car for a long trip though.:D

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
6-3,was 295 (now 265)when i bought my gen2 with a 1" lowering kit from jonB and never a problem. and the gen3 has more room

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
6'4", 260 lbs....The northwind 2" seat lowering kit is on my short list. My knee hits the headlight switch bezel and makes shifting tough....this is in a GTS though....I haven't had any real seat time in an Gen3.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
"Any 6"3 Viper owners?" Yes, 6'4" - 250 lbs - Ex jock

"How well do you fit into the car?" Ok with a 2-inch seat lowering kit.

"Tight fit, OK?" Tight fit = yes with a helmet, very tight even with the lowering kit.

"How are long drives?" Challenging until I lowered the seat and re-shaped the side bolsters in the lower portion of the seat. The metal inserts in the lower seat side bolsters can be bent outward and will make long drives much more comfortable.

Dan:headbang:

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, we got some long John Silvers in da house.

I'm 6'3" @ 210lbs. No complaints at all, drove 5 hrs to get the car home and no discomfort or issues. I've considered the seat lowering kit but just haven't done it as I'm not uncomfortable as it is.

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm 6'-7" approx. 285 lbs and I've had no issues with comfort. I had the Northwind 2 inch seat lowering kit put in about a year ago and it is the best comfort mod that you can get.

1Need4Speed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
6 foot 3 and 240 pounds here. At least 4 inches of head room and still have room with a helmet. No seat lowering kit needed.
Long drives are fine...and fun :drive:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy tall stuff. You guys make me feel puny at 6ft 4in.

I'm amazed at some of you 6ft 7in guys. Don't know how you do it, but good to hear you don't have to shop at the Big-N-Tall Corvette shop to get a good fit.

OP
OP
C

Cobra Comander

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW!! Alright for tall people!! I don't think shorter people realize that we live in an average sized world that sometimes makes things difficult for us. Hence the questions. But it looks like I'll be OK, didn't know they made lowering kits. I'll look into it if I get too uncomfortable.

Thanks!! :2tu:

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Cobra Comander,

I'm 6'3" 240 WITH the 2" lowering kit (GEN 3 car) and it is still 'snug'. I can't believe some people larger than me say they have no problems.They must slouch down pretty far to drive. Any way Viper X hit the nail on the head. You have to modify the side bolsters. As far as a long drive,(more than 2 hours) hope your medical covers chiropractic.
Still love the snake though!!

viperjim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
6'3" and 195. I fit fine with out the seat lowering kit. I even drive my 2003 with pedal up an inch. With a helmet on I have to slouch a little bit. Drove it 3.5 hours and found the car to be very comfortable. But then again my other cars are a wrangler and a Corvette so I might not have high expectations for comfort.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need visual proof of you 6'7" guys in your Vipers for me to believe it :rolaugh: Im 6'6" @ 250lbs and I just couldnt fit properly in a GTS....Not to mention I looked goofy getting in and out of it.....No way to look **** coming out of these cars if you are tall lol...Does the 2" lowering make that much difference???

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the formula is this:

Your height * your diameter / year model of your Viper = comfort level

Most of us can't adjust our height.
Many are limited to how many different year models we can own.
Diameter may be the kicker for some.

sparty116

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need visual proof of you 6'7" guys in your Vipers for me to believe it :rolaugh: Im 6'6" @ 250lbs and I just couldnt fit properly in a GTS....Not to mention I looked goofy getting in and out of it.....No way to look **** coming out of these cars if you are tall lol...Does the 2" lowering make that much difference???

I never said it was comfy, but I fit w/o a seat lowering kit. And I'm a legit 6'7" 260# in my birthday suit, so no number exagerations here. It can be done. You just gotta be careful with your left knee and the light switch, and tuck the left foot under the clutch when your done shifting.

I agree, getting out is not the most graceful process. I've done several "place your hand on the ground and roll out".

Rockitman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
6'5" 260 lbs "Snug" I'm going to put a 2" lowering kit in this winter. I'll make my own, $189 is just ridiculous. I own a job shop and I can tell you they don't have $10 in those thing's.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
6'5" 260 lbs "Snug" I'm going to put a 2" lowering kit in this winter. I'll make my own, $189 is just ridiculous. I own a job shop and I can tell you they don't have $10 in those thing's.

Wrong! That's made in the USA :usa: metal. I see every bit of thirteen dollars and forty two cents in those parts!

The rest is the insurance premium they pay so when someone installs them wrong and flies through the windshield they can still eat everyday. Northwind. Not the dude that flew through the windshield.