Any build sequence info from VOI

Larry 03 SRT-10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was there any allocation or build suqence info from VOI other than the info that was already out there. My dealer or his Dodge rep have no idea of when my silver will be built.
Larry

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Larry, I went up and talked to John Fernandez about this after the seminar. I was very excited to see a vin number ending in 245 on the car displayed outside the banquet hall. I assumed from that that if my number was lower than that my car is built! Wrong, John says, VINs at this point thaT YOU ARE SEEING AT VOI are not indicative of any order. Here is the information I was able to get. There will be no cars shipped until November. 60 cars have been built so far, the first 250 cars are going to be kept there and gone over until they are perfect! But I just reread your post, do you have a VON or a VIN yet? There are folks here who can help you estimate where you are in the delivery process. Have you a letter from DC yet with a VON? if so your dealer can absolutely, if he's smart enough, get you the information about what status your car is in, there are a whole series of codes that indicate where your car is in the process. There are dealers on this board like Bill Pemberton, oops I guess I just promoted Bill, sorry Bob, or Chuck Tator who will chime in here and give you free advice I'm sure. There has been a sequence of a mixed bag of colors built for Dodge test and display purposes. After that, the build sequence has been determined to be 100 red, 100 black, 100 silver, after that alternating 30 cars each color.

OP
OP
L

Larry 03 SRT-10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
all i have is a von number vgx07367
I did not return my certificate early becasue the info said that it did not make any difference when you returned your certificate.
It was to be a random build sequence.
From what i have heard recently, the order you returned your certificate determines your build sequence.
Why can't Dodge tell me where I am in the build sequence?
larry

NascarDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Larry,
I hear they are building the first 100 red cars, which are complete pending a final EPA approval for something, then the first 100 black cars are to be released, mostly completed at this point, but, still awaiting the EPA approval, then the first 100 silvers will be built. I hear reds should be released at the end of October.
If you've got a silver on order, as I do, it will/could/probably/maybe still take several more months.

Dave

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At VOI John Fernandez said 60 cars had been built at that time. The sequence is 100 red, 100 black, 100 silver. Then the same order alternate 30 at a time. No cars will be shipped till November. First 250 cars will be held until they are perfect. when you sent your cert. back is not important unless you waited after the date the dealers started submitting orders. if you have a von you should be in pretty good shape.