Any garage floor pic's with epoxy ?

want a B&W coupe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any garage floor pic\'s with epoxy ?

Looking to do my garage floor in epoxy or another type of material. Do they make any products that have a shiny(clear coat)look to them ?

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Any garage floor pic\'s with epoxy ?

This has a clear. Cheapo job. It was in when I moved in. The neighbor saw it done. Clear was used over the flake. Bullet proof for a 2 years so far. Excuse the dirt.

416IMG_2413-med.JPG

416IMG_2412-med.JPG

OP
OP
W

want a B&W coupe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Looks like the stuff from Home Depot, which I have used before and liked it. Didn't know you could clear over it to get the shine.

thanks

sshorty

Enthusiast
Reaction score

We just did it in our garage and we love it. So easy to keep clean and had a company come in and do the whole job for us. took 2 days total and were able to walk on it after 2 more days. 2 weeks before you could drive on it. I'll try to get some pics posted.

RedSnakeGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I did UCoat-It last fall. I think it turned out well for my first attempt. When I do my single garage it will turn out better than my double having learned from my mistakes.

5298garage_005-med.jpg

bth1

Viper Owner
Reaction score

RedSnake, what were some of your mistakes that you learned from? I plan on doing Ucoat It it also and was wondering what you found.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

I would make sure you use a 2 part epoxy, if you don't I heard the other stuff peels off on hot tires. I used quikcrete from home depot.

440DSC07346.JPG

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

big diffence between two part 100% solid epoxy and the "epoxy paint"

the paint is really no more than what the name implies it simply dries

the two 100% solid epoxy part i had done was installed by an industrial coatings contractor that shot blasted the floor before the coatings went down(even though it was a new floor). the other is a catlyst/chemical that need to be mixed and the product will "cure"

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

EXACTLY. a true epoxy is ALWAYS two parts. there is a huge difference in durability and quality but the price goes up accordingly.. :(

snakebitdave

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ab, beautiful car (and shine). Is it possible someone could slam the door to your house, dislodge a garden tool and it drops on your car? Just concerned.

RedSnakeGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

RedSnake, what were some of your mistakes that you learned from? I plan on doing Ucoat It it also and was wondering what you found.

First of all, I was too conservative with the basecoat. Where the basecoat is thin the finish coat appears lighter in color vs. where the basecoat is thick.

Next, buy double the amount of flakes than suggested. My buddy did his garage with the recommended amount and it came out looking dirty, not flakey. I bought the double amount, which was great, but the flakes towards the bottom of each tub become powderish. I wish I didnt throw down the remaining 1/4 of the tub of flakes because is causes more inconsistency.

That's really all that I can think of at the moment...

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

snakebite dave...thanks! The wall is a lot further away...looks close in the picture..

Also too guys...prep work is the most important when applying this stuff. 1 Kit will barely do 1/2 a 2 car garage. I think I would have gone with some type of flooring instead of the epoxy due to the cost verse keeping it clean. I like the floor, but with my lift, some areas have chipped. I also have fiber in m concrete which I don't know if it helps with the adhesion. I like the white look, but it gets dirty real easy and the flakes are nice but like the post above, it makes the floor look dirty. Win some lose some...over all it's good stuff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine