Any Good N/A VEC3 Tunes for Starting Point?

TexasPettey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm digging into my Gen1 and looking for some good tunes for a VEC3 to start with. I noticed that on the base tune, I'm running lean (13 - 14 A/F). It seems that with a N/A tune, the fuel add needs to come on early (<2V on MAP) vs a boost application. Also, how agressive to get on timing advance is an interesting question. Since most of the tunes I've seen are for a SC app, any N/A tunes would be appreciated.

I've got heads, 708CAM, Gen2 injectors, ported intake, headers, CAT-back.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call Sean Roe at Roe Racing. Tell him about the mods you have, and more importantly, send him a dyno sheet showing your AF ratio. He'll customize a tune for you based on your needs. Its cheap and Sean is a great guy to work with on tuning. I picked up 40rwhp and a whole lotta torque since installing the Vec3 and a tune from Sean and I'm still a bit rich. I haven't dyno'd or re-tuned since installing the T&D's but Sean will get a dyno sheet from me as soon as I do.

OP
OP
T

TexasPettey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. Sean helped set me straight on my logging problems. A bit more reading of the instructions on the CD would have been in order on my part. :smirk:

Another interesting question: How would one go about determining if there should be injector pulse width adjustments per cylinder? Do you look at the adaptives on the stock PCM to determine that or is there another way?