Any kind of traction control on a snake ?

Dreamert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Calling on 2005-2006 SRT10 owners.....converticle or coupe...

Somebody told me that SRT10 got ESP (or some kind of electronic traction control) from 2005 on..... I was always under the idea that snake never got traction control...

Am I right or is he right in that ?

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No standard traction control system in Vipers but if you really want one, there is a company that made one. If I recall correctly, it was about $1000 but it worked VERY well.

OP
OP
D

Dreamert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not that I have any use for one.....can't even afford a Snake yet, can just dream about it and follow them close enough for not humiliating them in my SRT4 ;)

But someday for sure.....

Thankx for clearing that out guys I knew I was at the right place ! :laugh:

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not sure where the $1000 figure came up , but the only system that seems to be working is the Racelogic and it is around $3400 installed with proper programing. It is a different system than a conventional vehicle would use, and from the name it is easy to see it came from a racing background. You can dial in the slippage, either with an analog system or digital. The digital allows you to program exactly the amount you want ( say 14% ) , whereas the analog works in increments of 5. Parts are $1700 , but the install is a bit time consuming and should not be rushed.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure where the $1000 figure came up , but the only system that seems to be working is the Racelogic and it is around $3400 installed with proper programing. It is a different system than a conventional vehicle would use, and from the name it is easy to see it came from a racing background. You can dial in the slippage, either with an analog system or digital. The digital allows you to program exactly the amount you want ( say 14% ) , whereas the analog works in increments of 5. Parts are $1700 , but the install is a bit time consuming and should not be rushed.

Bill,

Does this work on all vipers? Gen 1-3? Can you shut it off and on at will? What does this do for 0-60 time with more traction, any idea?

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Actually a great question, and I know we have it set up for all Gen IIIs, normally aspirated or supercharged, but I am not sure about the Gen Is and IIs.
Give Mark Jorgensen a call at 1-800-889-1893 tommorrow, and he can sure answer that.